• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X79 and Nvidia Surround = No Go!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have deja vu on this subject. Didnt I read this in another thread? I did! Well I (sort of) called it, its a driver not a bios update, but WHEW for those few that use it!

People that are looking forward to playing in surround over the 4 day weekend on the x79 chipset will be out of luck. There won't be support for it till next week it seems: http://www.bjorn3d.com/forum/showth...dia-Surround-Availability?p=244470#post244470
I saw you post over at EVGA forums.

I saw your signature over at bjorn3d, and it sounds like you have the same setup I have - except on the X79 platform.

My question is off topic, but since I created this thread, I can go off topic... ;)

Does the X79 board you have support Intels SSD Cache technology? E.g. where you can use an SSD as your Cache drive, in front of your larger platter drives? I can't seem to find an answer to that anywhere for any board. Odd, because it was boasted as a big breakthrough for the Z68 chipset.

You can find out by opening the Intel RST application in your Tooltray. That's where you enable/disable it.

afiak x79 chipset does not support intel RST. Some boards makers have implemented there own ssd caching solutions, one board that supports SSD caching is the Rampage IV extreme.

Back