• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Macbook Pro with Windows 7 GPU Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ptwarriors315

I have a 15 inch Macbook Pro with these settings...
2.4GHz quad-core
Intel Core i7
4GB 1333MHz
750GB 5400-rpm1
Intel HD Graphics 3000
AMD Radeon HD 6770M with 1GB GDDR5

I want to be able to play games like Battlefield 3, but the current one would only run that on extremely extremely low settings. I'm confused as to how to go about finding the right graphics card. If someone could help me out I would appreciate it!

I really doubt that you'll be able to switch out the GPU. Not all laptops have switchable GPUs, and the Apple business runs on a very tightly closed policy. They REALLY don't want you messing with stuff.

Sorry, I've found that Mac's are great for general browsing and stuff if you've got the cash to spend on them, but Apple pretty much has zero consideration for the enthusiast or gaming market. It's just not their niche. :shrug: Evident by the low RPM HDD, the low speed RAM, and the meh GPU. All things that would go unnoticed in general browsing, and the GPU is plenty horsepower for media editing, for which Mac's are used often, but not gaming.

I really doubt that you'll be able to switch out the GPU. Not all laptops have switchable GPUs, and the Apple business runs on a very tightly closed policy. They REALLY don't want you messing with stuff.

Sorry, I've found that Mac's are great for general browsing and stuff if you've got the cash to spend on them, but Apple pretty much has zero consideration for the enthusiast or gaming market. It's just not their niche. :shrug: Evident by the low RPM HDD, the low speed RAM, and the meh GPU. All things that would go unnoticed in general browsing, and the GPU is plenty horsepower for media editing, for which Mac's are used often, but not gaming.

+1
I use to work for them and Knufire is 100% right.

And no way to change the GPU either.

Yup, macs are not too great for gaming at all. Even if you were to change out the gpu, heating on the macbook pros is a big issue. Mine gets pretty hot just when I am only watching blu ray movies. They were just built to look nice and great for web browsing and media.

You will be able to play some lower requirement games, but if you want to play battlefield 3 at high settings with no lag, best to look into a gaming laptop.

Back