• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2500k and Asus P8Z68-V Pro (Vcore doesnt drop on idle)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dos659

Hello i own a core i5 2500k and an asus p8z68-V Pro. The thing is that i overclocked this cpu to 4.5 Ghz with 1.340 Vcore manual set and i cant understand why it doesnt drop when it goes idle.

My setings are:
BCLK: 100
PLL: disabled
LLC: extreme
Vcore manually set: 1.340v
Dram set to: 1333Mhz (default speed of my ram)
Dram voltage: 1.5v (default volts of my ram)

Everything else iare on default/auto

Eist is enabled from factory and the C states are on auto.

Its pretty weird that i cant get my volts lower on idle because the speed does from 4.5ghz to 1.6ghz which is normal.

Try turning the C states on. I can't remember if those deal with the vcore or frequency though. Trial and error!

Tried with c states on its the same thing. Now im trying the offset and works pretty good

Tried with c states on its the same thing. Now im trying the offset and works pretty good

I've personally never gotten the vcore to drop via manual voltage setting. Others have, I've just never seen it. In that case, just use offset. Offset is awesome. :)

A last question. I suppose you have an overclocked CPU, does your windows under system properties shows your cpu at the stock speed and right next to it the overclocked speed? Because mine doesnt. I was on a gigabyte board and it was showing the overclock speed clearly.

with gigabyte:
Intel core i5 2500k 3.30Ghz 4.40Ghz

with asus:
Intel core i5 2500k 3.30Ghz 3.30Ghz

why this happens?

Back