• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New OC (2500K)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PrISM

Registered
I pushed up to 4.7 @ 1.35v and been running Intel Burn Test with no issues thus far. Temps have been hovering around 35-40C idle and hitting 70C at 100%. I'm interested in seeing if I can hit 5.0 with this. Is there anything specific I should change or just keep doing what I've been doing?

2pr63k7.jpg
wqv5fq.jpg

Since we dont know what you ahve changed, kind of hard to say what TO change. ;)

If you havent enabled PLL override voltage, do so. Then push on up with Vcore.

If you havent enabled PLL override voltage, do so. Then push on up with Vcore.
I've already done that. I've just been pushing up the ratio until it becomes unstable and then upping Vcore. Is 5.0Ghz something to use day to day or is it best to leave it around 4.7-.8?

I've already done that. I've just been pushing up the ratio until it becomes unstable and then upping Vcore. Is 5.0Ghz something to use day to day or is it best to leave it around 4.7-.8?

your chip is much better than mine :p i run at 4.7GHz sometimes and then i have vcore at 1.415 to be stable, but for most of the time i have it run at 4.2GHz becuse it runs cooler and for what i do 4.2GHz get the job done fine :p (I play small german game that uses as much CPU as you will give it so 4.7GHz vs 4.2 GHz is 100-200 FPS more (in big games with 60 people and a bigger map i would run 4.7 GHz)

Now I've been running Intel Burn Test with no issues showing up there. I left it up over night with Prime95 running and when I woke up 3 of the 4 workers stopped a few hours later because of an error. The fourth was still running fine and there was no system crash, BSOD, etc... Could this be a stability issue? I'm not super familiar with Prime95.

Now I've been running Intel Burn Test with no issues showing up there. I left it up over night with Prime95 running and when I woke up 3 of the 4 workers stopped a few hours later because of an error. The fourth was still running fine and there was no system crash, BSOD, etc... Could this be a stability issue? I'm not super familiar with Prime95.

With prime 95 i have never run overnight because idk what will happen :p (i do know i can/should) 3 out of 4 workers stoped is an issue
try more vcore is what people recomended me when i said i had that problem (i only had 1 of the 4 cores stop working and like you never BSOD or crashed [Sometimes tho if the 4th core failed i would then crash]) but it would only crash right after the 4th core failed an that i know was solved with more vcore :p

Back