• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Phenom-II X6 1100T Overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kerron {T&T}

hey whats up every1???..

its my first time posting in a forum but i know its the best place where i can get help with my problem..

I'm having trouble with my system when i overclock it to 4Ghz, cant get it to stay stable at no point in time i'm only getting B.O.D's..I've seen other systems overclocked past 4Ghz, i just want mines at 4Ghz for my personal satisfaction(which i'm not getting). :mad: :bang head

could rely do with some help and clarity of overclocking.

MY SYSTEM SPECS:

OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1.
Processor: AMD Phenom-II X6 1100T. (currently clocked @ 3.8Ghz).
Cooling: Thermaltake Frio OCK.
Tower: Cooler Master HAF-X.
Motherboard: MSI 890FXA-GD70 (MS-7640).
BIOS version: MSI 1.C (latest release).
Memory: 16GB of corsair XMS3 [PC-3 16000 (2000MHz)].
Video: Nvidia 9600GT. (just until my GTX580 arrives)
Hard Drive: 500GB(OS), One 2TB and Two 3TB.
Power: XFX XPS-850W semi-modular.

also my system got a hard drive LED..its takes almost 6-8mins for it to become inactive(from system start to windows desktop), to me that's way too long... help with this greatly appreciated.

Please post pics of CPU-z tabs: "CPU", "Memory" and "SPD" This will tell us much about your hardware and your settings. You can post pics by using Snipping tool in Windows Accessories to frame and crop the screen images and then go to the New Post window and click on "Go Advanced" and then click on the little paper clip icon at the top of the new post window. The rest will be obvious.

Also, what are your core temps running? Not CPU temp but core temps. Install HWMonitor, open it on the desktop and then run Prime95 blend for 15 minutes to stress the CPU cores and then report back to us with max core temps.

Last edited:
Back