• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASRock P67 Extreme 4 bent cpu pins

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aaawew

I have an ASRock P67 Extreme 4 sitting doing nothing in my room with bent CPU pins. I was wondering if anyone knew how to (if you can) fix them. I don't think that any of the pins are extremely bent, and i don't think that any are broken. Any tips/ideas will be welcomed with open arms :screwy:

I've never fixed the pins in a motherboard socket before but I have fixed the pins on processors. If they are not broke, you just need to straighten them correctly. I used a razor blade and it worked well, it took forever though.

I've never fixed the pins in a motherboard socket before but I have fixed the pins on processors. If they are not broke, you just need to straighten them correctly. I used a razor blade and it worked well, it took forever though.

okay, im guessing its the same to fix them on the motherboard, im looking to see if anyone has fixed them on a motherboard too tho :p

With a microscope and needle tip tweezers it is easy and takes a couple of minutes, I had bent some on an old mobo from using an IHS-less cpu and homemade retention that went south.

But without high mag, the poor visualization would make it difficult.

With a microscope and needle tip tweezers it is easy and takes a couple of minutes, I had bent some on an old mobo from using an IHS-less cpu and homemade retention that went south.

But without high mag, the poor visualization would make it difficult.

okay ill try that :). BUT my only hope is that the mobo will work now xD. The reason it is sitting out is because it wasnt refundable, the motherboard was DOA (i dont think it was bent pins) and i wouldnt boot up (i had post LEDs i forget what ones) and it took me for ever to figure out i forgot the 8 pin CPU connector but then i had taken apart the PC like 10 times and i might have bent the pins then but i dont think so. I sent it out and did check the pins and didnt think any were bent :p. now ill see if i can find a place to check the mobo and see if it works. (i dont wana take my PC apart to see if that board works :p) (yea im aware this story probably makes no sense at all :p)

Mechanical pencils also work pretty well. I bent some pins on an old AM2 5600+ and a cheapo mechanical pencil helped me bend them right back into place.

Mechanical pencils also work pretty well. I bent some pins on an old AM2 5600+ and a cheapo mechanical pencil helped me bend them right back into place.

those were pins on a CPU these pins are in the mobo, are they any different?

Optical Magnification Required With Mechanical Pencil CPU Pin Bending?

I bent some pins on an old AM2 5600+ and a cheapo mechanical pencil helped me bend them right back into place.
Did you use any optical enhancing or measuring technology?

Or did you eyeball it?

Back