• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XFX Motherboard and RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BLGsteve

Hi all! New here and have question about XFX MB Upgraded from a 680i sli to a780i sli.The 680 took 4x 2GB RAM banks in dual channel without a problem,the 780 tells me 4 banks are not supported in dual channel(OCZ sli ready ram)can this be right on a better chip set???

The 780i supports a dual-channel config. when all 4 DIMM slots are populated. Where did you read that dual-channel isn't supported if all 4 slots are filled? If the BIOS for whatever reason doesn't recognize the EPP (Enhanced Performance Profiles) programmed into the SPD (Serial Presence Detect) of each OCZ module, then just adjust the timings and voltage manually according to their spec's.

XFX MB and RAM

The 780i supports a dual-channel config. when all 4 DIMM slots are populated. Where did you read that dual-channel isn't supported if all 4 slots are filled? If the BIOS for whatever reason doesn't recognize the EPP (Enhanced Performance Profiles) programmed into the SPD (Serial Presence Detect) of each OCZ module, then just adjust the timings and voltage manually according to their spec's.

Hi! Thanks for the Quick reply. Set the RAM to EPP specs manualy makes no diffrence öption is not highlited so no chance of activating.Stll says not supported in Boot post,works fine with only 2 dimms?

What does CPU-Z show in the Channels field of the Memory tab... Single or Dual?

CPU-Z says Dual! Strange Boot post says SLI memory detected Disabled 4 Dimms not supported and Bios says Disabled!!! so whats right???

If you're already running the latest P08 BIOS revision, then I would just go by what CPU-Z shows irregardless of what the POST screen displays.

Back