• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BF3 Video Glitch

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

micjmac

I get this weird glitch on the second floor of the construction site building in Operation Firestorm. This strip of black flickers depending on the angle that I look at it. I tried Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome. I tried upping my video settings. I reset my video card to stock clock speeds and voltages. I uninstalled/reinstalled my drivers. None of these options worked. Is my video card the culprit?

bf32011-11-2602-09-54-59.jpg

This might just be a BF3 issue. I haven't seen anyone else having this issue but is it only on this map at that spot? Or have you seen the flickering in other places?

I have noticed maybe one or two other instances where the texture of the map acted strange but it wasn't the same color and shape as this. It was also more minor than this.

Here is another glitch that I saw last night (underneath the staircase). Operation Firestorm again lol...

bf32011-11-2901-32-10-00.jpg

seems like a possible driver issue to me.

Did you ever do a full uninstall, clean, and reinstall of the newest driver from what we were talking about while doing the co-op?

When I reinstalled the drivers, these are the steps that I took:

1. I uninstalled AMD Catalyst Install Manager and Application Profiles with CCleaner. These were the only AMD-related items in the uninstall list. There was no mention of drivers in this list.
2. I ran Driver Sweeper 3.2.0 in safe mode. I noticed that my Driver Sweeper is a newer version than the one on Guru3D. Mine says "Powered by Phyxion.net". Not sure if this matters.
3. Then I reinstalled the new drivers.

Last edited:
The glitches are pretty bad in Karkand, and a fresh install of Win 7 did not remedy the issue. I'm wondering if this is a limitation of using Direct X 10.

The new maps have issues all over them. Curbs 3 inches high you have to jump over because your soldier just stops running when you hit them is a giant PITA for me. But they are still fun over all to play I think!

Back