• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

tubing color ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rcillig

ok getting ready to redo my loop and I know I saw solid colors for tubing some where for sale but for the life of me I cant find and solid colors besides white and black, rest are translucent of some sorts.... was I imagining stuff or is there sold red tubing out somewhere? Sorry for the brain freeze and please hold laughter to a min..... :shrug:

Your right, seems like almost all solid colors are black or white. I think I have seen solid red before though in someones rig.

May try a non-computer site for colored tygon tubing or the like.
Mc-Master usually has a incredible selection of just about anything.

There's opaque red silicone rubber tubing at mcmaster.com (mcmaster-carr).
The pics make it look like air-hose color, not sure, never bought it. Don't know if a vinyl dye would work to improve the color on silicone rubber..

You can try sleeving too. Haven't seen that in a long time.

Good point Diggrr. I seen a guy sleeve his tubing in black. Not sure where I saw it, maybe youtube if my memory serves me correct. Looked sweet too, however; I think it might be a bit of headache come draining time. Don't you think?

Not for those with the foresight to include draining in their design...it's very over-looked.
I've been water cooling for over 10 years and have only seen a handful include drainage in their plans. It's ironic how thousands of people are worried over a water system leakage, yet are perfectly willing to "pop a hose loose" over a grand of electronics to let the water back out.
The logic eludes me. Even Spock would bow and sigh. :D

ok to make things worse I got solid red tubing now... but cant remember where I got it at for nothing, didn't want to let everyone know I was that brain dead..... but Diggrr I do got a drain added into my loop, got a pic of it in the build tread from some time ago it works great... have always added one in since I did pop a loop open and it slashed all over my stuff and i was like freaked out!

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=634607

Yeah, I saw that build, commented in there too (positively btw).

You got me on opaque tubing though. I went through all my bookmarks, and it looks like Feser's color (a few complaints about their red looking orange-ish) but not sure.

Paint it or sleeve it is the best I got!, though Tygon Black is sexay! :shrug:

Good point again Diggrr, if you include drainage into your loop then yeah I guess their is no problem with sleeving the tubes. Didn't think about that. You weren't taking a shot at me with the "pop a hose loose" were you haha? because that's exactly what I did like a dummy instead of using my quick disconnects like I normally do to drain it.

Nope. Too much brain damage from the 80's to remember who I'm talking to from day to day. I can't remember enough to get personal.

I come at this from a handyman's perspective...you wouldn't install a tub without a drain, right? It is plumbing, not rocketry.
At least common sense survived the 80's! :rofl:

Not picking on anyone (honestly I'm not!):

Last edited:
I empty my loop by flipping my case upside down and letting as much water out as possible through my t-line fillport. I then flip it back over and disconnect the tubing at the highest spot, usually on the top barb of the 240 rad. i then slide a spare hose on the barb. i take the tube that was disconnect and hang it over a bucket and then blow in the hose I slid on. works well for me, lol. probably going to take some flak for blowing in my loop XD

Mine's a freestanding external unit I made. Loosen the four screws on the waterblock, pull it through an inspection plate on the case, and walk the whole water system to the sink without the PC.
Not terribly portable, but it's an HTPC on a 40" Samsung, so yeah...

Mine's a freestanding external unit I made. Loosen the four screws on the waterblock, pull it through an inspection plate on the case, and walk the whole water system to the sink without the PC.
Not terribly portable, but it's an HTPC on a 40" Samsung, so yeah...

that sounds cool!

Back