• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xigmatec Gaia works great

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Suppressor1137

Hello Overclockers!

After receiving my Xigmatek Gaia in the mail today...I spent about two hours installing it.(tight fit in my Raidmax Smilodon, and it is right up against my ram.)

Nervously(as it was my first non stock cooler I've installed in over 8 years), I switched on my PC. The first thing I said, was "is it on??" As it is EXTREMELY quiet.

Idle temps were unimpressive. But that isn't the point.

Am using Gelid Solutions GC-Extreme Thermal paste, On par with AS5. a Quarter of a degree less efficient(not like that matters.).

Room Temp is 18.6C, Idle is 33,28,29,31 respectively.

Prime 95 Load test: 52,49,48,49

Previous load temps at the same clock speed on stock was 70c. Quite a drop!

Time to OC XD.

An update, my C States are set as off, so it is constantly running at 3.7 Ghz. This is why idle is higher than expected.

*typo in title...Mod, can ya fix?*

Last edited:
I have found idle temps on SB to be pretty close among several coolers, and still close on reasonable oc's between same coolers. but when really cranking the clocks you will see a noticable difference in good coolers and great coolers. Once you get to 5ghz and over it really takes alot to keep them cool, or at least it does with my chip. My chip needs 1.525v for 5.1ghz

Back