Notices

Overclockers Forums > Overclockers.com Teams > Competitive Benchmarking Team
Competitive Benchmarking Team The Wild Side... Our competitive benchmarking team calls this section home. We are ranked #1 in the US on hwbot.org! Discussions focused on hwbot.org benchmarks.
Forum Jump

What new toys did you get today?

Thread Closed

Old 12-07-11, 03:50 PM   #41
hokiealumnus
Water Cooled Moderator
Overclockers.com Lead Editor

Now that is a pretty peck of pots!

Enjoy benchmarks? Join the benching team! | New to water cooling? Read the Beginner's Guide to Water Cooling Your PC.

xsuperbgx - "As a wise man once said: "Less talky. More clocky."" | cyberfish - "When overclocked, it's undefined behavior."
I.M.O.G. - "Vaseline on Ivy Bridge is a bad idea. But not so bad of an idea that it can't be fixed with a torpedo heater, a dishwasher, an oven, and a few hours. "

\m/ OverClockers mATX L33T Club \m/ - Join Now! - My mITX Build
hokiealumnus is online now Author Profile Benching Profile Heatware Profile  
Thanks!
Convicted1 (12-07-11)
Old 12-07-11, 03:56 PM Thread Starter   #42
Convicted1
Premium Member #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokiealumnus View Post
Now that is a pretty peck of pots!
LOL... Yeah... I'm actually thinking about wasting a couple hours tonight mounting all these goodies up on the REX without insulation for a pic to use as my avatar.

Probably be the last time they'll be pretty!

LOL... It'll be a bit of a waste to strap that big Tek 9 Fat to a lowly 6800GS though!

xXSebaSXx: "Fan reviews are easy. Spin up to full speed, stick finger into spinning blades. If blades break and finger remains the fan is no good; if the other way around happens then fan is a keeper."

Bobnova: "I went squeeeeee like a teenager with the new muave Pokemon when I saw that foam..."

I.M.O.G.: "CPU and GPU are at -10C, and there's water everywhere. Meh, windows updates are slightly less boring when done underwater."

My Heat My HWBOT
Convicted1 is offline Benching Profile Heatware Profile  
Old 12-07-11, 03:58 PM   #43
I.M.O.G.
Glorious Leader

10 Year Badge

Nice pic, glad the stuff came in.

Put your computer to work for our OC Forum Teams!
Try out our POST TEMPLATES, they save you time answering common questions!

I spend half my money on CPUs, GPUs, and Liquid Nitrogen. The other half I waste.
I.M.O.G. is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile  
Old 12-07-11, 05:31 PM   #44
Angry

10 Year Badge

Thats some sexy hardware dude.....!

Main Rig.....................Game Server............................................ Media Server..............Untangle................Nvidia Shield
Core i3 2100 ....... ........Phenom II X4 965 w/CM Hyper 612.............Athlon II X4 620....... Athlon X2 2350-BE....... Android 4.4.2
MSI P67A-GD65 ..............GA-890GPA-UD3H.....................................Biostar A780L3G...........MSI 785GTM-45..........16gb mSDHC
G.Skill 1333 4x2gb............16gb Partriot S5 1333................................4gb DDR3 1333...........4gb OCZ DDR2 1066
EVGA GTX 670 ....................EVGA GTX275
60gb OCZ Summit.................4x250gb WD RE Raid0
ViewSonic VX2453mh-LED
Angry is offline Benching Profile Heatware Profile  
Old 12-08-11, 08:15 AM   #45
cold.nut

i'm jealous.. !

"If you aren't having fun, then you're doing it wrong!"
cold.nut is offline Benching Profile Heatware Profile  
Old 12-08-11, 06:31 PM   #46
xsuperbgx
Benching Team Leader

I got a brand new Emachine!!

Check it out!
Name:  IMAG0653.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  821.2 KB
Name:  IMAG0651.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  1.65 MB

The best part......
Name:  IMAG0656.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  773.5 KB

LTC "LQPgAb7jbtYEzi6W9hnXsS4Xi3RLN7NDgu"
heat
xsuperbgx is offline Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile Rosetta Profile  
Old 12-10-11, 10:46 AM   #47
Tokae

I have wanted to try watercooling for a while now, but I didn't want to fry my main rig with the learning process. My friend who seems to have a lot of money to waste, was going to throw this rad and pump out so I offered to take them off his hands! I am not sure what rad this is, it doesnt have anything on it except a small sticker that says RoHS. The pump is a Swifttech MCP655.

I managed to pick up this nice i7 950 from bobnova, and dealmaster had an Apogee GTZ waterblock for sale which is en route. I will be building my new living room WC'd HTPC/gaming rig Merry Christmas to me!

I still need to get the fittings and tubing. I also need to read up on WC"ing. I need to know how much heat this rad will remove from the loop and perhaps add a watercooled GPU into the loop.

Still need a reservoir also!

RAM: GSkill 1600Mhz 12GB
Mobo: Asus R3E
GPU: MSI R9 290x
Storage: OS: Adata 128GB SSD Data: 4 x 1TB in RAID5
Case:800D
PSU: Revolution 85+ 1020w
Tokae is offline Benching Profile Heatware Profile  
Old 12-10-11, 11:03 AM   #48
Angry

10 Year Badge

Got a mATX setup for upstairs. I will get to leave this alone and used all my other hardware for benching. First time Ive had my Main rig in a case in.......a LONG time. Looking for a mATX case now, this is just temporary, its an old Thermaltake case, cant even remember the name but Ive had it for years.

Core i7 920 @ 4.1 so far
Asus Rampage Gene II
Name:  2011-12-10_11-50-10_518.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  1.16 MB
Also won the the ThermalTake Frio on ebay, $30.
Im an idiot and didnt realize the Rampage has mounting holes for 1366 and 1155...

Also picked up a Athlon II X2 Regor from,soulfly1448, Got it to take cold and to test some boards with.
Name:  2011-12-10_11-54-45_149.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  1,001.8 KB

Main Rig.....................Game Server............................................ Media Server..............Untangle................Nvidia Shield
Core i3 2100 ....... ........Phenom II X4 965 w/CM Hyper 612.............Athlon II X4 620....... Athlon X2 2350-BE....... Android 4.4.2
MSI P67A-GD65 ..............GA-890GPA-UD3H.....................................Biostar A780L3G...........MSI 785GTM-45..........16gb mSDHC
G.Skill 1333 4x2gb............16gb Partriot S5 1333................................4gb DDR3 1333...........4gb OCZ DDR2 1066
EVGA GTX 670 ....................EVGA GTX275
60gb OCZ Summit.................4x250gb WD RE Raid0
ViewSonic VX2453mh-LED
Angry is offline Benching Profile Heatware Profile  
Old 12-10-11, 07:28 PM   #49
I.M.O.G.
Glorious Leader

10 Year Badge

Got the X3 1000W I bought from Miah. Time to pass on the BFG 1000W that has served me well, but these cables on the X3 should keep my benching station a bit more manageable.

Name:  DSC03017.JPG
Views: 259
Size:  1.13 MB

Put your computer to work for our OC Forum Teams!
Try out our POST TEMPLATES, they save you time answering common questions!

I spend half my money on CPUs, GPUs, and Liquid Nitrogen. The other half I waste.
I.M.O.G. is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile  
Old 12-11-11, 02:22 PM   #50
MIAHALLEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil_Dog View Post
The past couple of days I have received the following.

OCZ Vertex 3 120gb SSD
Logitech G940 Flight Control System
DCS AC-10C Warthawg
How do you like the G940 system? I was looking at the new Thrustmaster setup, but as it doesn't include pedals, that would end up being almost 3x the price of the G940....which looks much more paletable....

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.M.O.G. View Post
Got the X3 1000W I bought from Miah. Time to pass on the BFG 1000W that has served me well, but these cables on the X3 should keep my benching station a bit more manageable.

Attachment 102287
Hey Matt, good to see it arrived safely

MIAHALLEN is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile  
Old 12-11-11, 02:30 PM   #51
Devil_Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAHALLEN View Post
How do you like the G940 system? I was looking at the new Thrustmaster setup, but as it doesn't include pedals, that would end up being almost 3x the price of the G940....which looks much more paletable....
I was going to get the Thrustmaster one as well but having to get the pedals would of put me @ the $600+ side of things and it is designed just for that game. I read that it can be used in other games but it's real PIA to set up. I went with the 940 becuase I can use it in other games and I got it for under $300.

I really like it. I'm still messing with it and have not used it to it's full potential yet but that is mainly because I've been busy.
Devil_Dog is offline Benching Profile Heatware Profile  
Old 12-11-11, 03:57 PM   #52
Bobnova

Man oh man, what happened to getting totally decent wheels with pedals for $90?

Thinking about an Asus motherboard? Think again.

How to check your PSU with a multimeter.

17bXw5t51rEBXGavJFMJsC8g7HQgThUGc7
Bobnova is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile Rosetta Profile  
Old 12-11-11, 04:24 PM   #53
Devil_Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobnova View Post
Man oh man, what happened to getting totally decent wheels with pedals for $90?
Depends on what's decent for you. Wheels and pedals are a different bread as well. You gan get a Logitech Driving Force GT for $100 - 150 and they are great.

For drivng I use a Logitech G25 with Fanatec Club Sport Pedals.
Old 12-11-11, 05:46 PM   #54
MIAHALLEN

I just got some Club Sport pedals as well....and my pre-ordered CSR Elite wheel and CSR shifter set should be here later this month

For those of you that don't know, this is what I'm talking about

Oh, and my Sony HMZ-T1 arrived last night:

And I'm expecting my TrackIR to arrive later this week

Keep an eye on my thread in the displays section for details on me modding the HMZ-T1

Last edited by MIAHALLEN; 12-11-11 at 05:52 PM.
MIAHALLEN is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile  
Old 12-11-11, 07:37 PM   #55
Devil_Dog

I plan on getting the same wheel. I'm going to wait on the reviews as their wheels have had some terrible QC issues.

You'll love the pedals. They are top notch.

I'm waitng on a new SST shifter to come in.

If I don't get that wheel I'm going to mod my G25 into this.

What racing games do you play Mia?
Old 12-12-11, 02:03 AM   #56
MIAHALLEN

Nice....my choice for HW was determined by my favorite racing game....Forza 4. Otherwise I probably would have got the SST shifter as well

But I'm this will be my 1st good wheel (I've been using the POS MS wheel for years)....and my 1st FFB wheel for the PC. I'm playing iRacing a bit, and I'm a junior member for the C.A.R.S. project....and I do still like casual racing games as well....GRID, the DiRT series, etc...

Old 12-12-11, 05:37 PM   #57
KonaKona
Trashcan Man Member

Miah, whenever I FINALLY get another 360, I'm hitting you up for some 4za.

Member of the MOAR VOLTS™ club.
KonaKona is offline Benching Profile Heatware Profile  
Old 12-12-11, 05:54 PM   #58
moocow

Got this bigass mofo today

Edit:

UPS guy just showed up with this

Last edited by moocow; 12-12-11 at 06:10 PM.
moocow is online now Benching Profile Heatware Profile  
Old 12-12-11, 06:12 PM   #59
MIAHALLEN

Nice....and nice

Old 12-12-11, 07:13 PM   #60
Devil_Dog

Very nice!!!

Miah, get ready for GTR3 and Rfactor 2. That's the good stuff.

Thread Closed

Overclockers Forums > Overclockers.com Teams > Competitive Benchmarking Team
Competitive Benchmarking Team The Wild Side... Our competitive benchmarking team calls this section home. We are ranked #1 in the US on hwbot.org! Discussions focused on hwbot.org benchmarks.