• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my new water system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not too bad! That's the radiator I was going to get for my last build, but I decided on a Swiftech mcr220. Also, let me know how the XSPC water block holds up. I haven't actually heard anything about them, so I'm a bit interested in how they handle.

By the way, I know I don't have enough posts on here for classifieds, and moderators feel free to give me a talking to if this is out of line, but I actually just switched back to air cooling (my most recent build was giving me problem after problem, so after spending a couple grand trying to make it work, I gave up on it) and I've actually got the Swiftech MCP655 pump you've got in there (That is the pump you're getting, correct?). I don't know if you'd be interested or not, but I figured I'd put it out there, and see if I can save you some $$ ;)

Moderators PLEASE, if this is not okay, I understand. Just talk to me and let me know please.

hmm do i want a problematic pump? =p

how much are you asking for it?

Please no discussion of sales in open forums. What you discuss in private is your own business.

The XSPC block is just fine, anymore these day all the blocks are close enough in performance just get whatever you can afford/like.

no problem, i like alot of blocks, i wish the apogee hd came with the amd plates... or rather, i'd like to see amd and intel use the same mounting brackets sometime in the future

You can get the AMD kit for shipping cost which shouldnt be more than $5 so its not a bad choice.

I wish we could get standardized mounting but that will probably never happen. It is a PITA dealing with all the different socket types and waterblocks.

don't buy colored liquid next time. people on the forum keeps telling that
but i don't remember the reason why. can someone remind pls?
I read that post too late and i made the same mistake =(

next time i will buy UV tubes, and it works just the same.

thats not colored liquid, its distilled water with HydrX antifreeze because its an aluminum radiator.

its a modified Corsair H100 unit

Its not colored liquid, hes running distilled water with hydrix additive to prevent galvanic corrosion between the copper base and the aluminum radiator.

Generally we dont recommend using additives OR dyes because they just add unneeded contaminants into the loop. Most dyes break down over time and can clog/stain loop parts, most additives are useless and impede thermal transfer but in some situations they are preferable.

yes im thankful for the people on this forum because otherwise i'd surely run into problems later on down the line

h100modtemps.jpg

you can see the max temps on the right column, after hours of prime95 small FFT, 1100T @ 4Ghz

PS

dont mind the puny gtx 550 ti, its a friends... my two gigabyte 6950's came defective and are in RMA process for replacement.. i got a good guide to unlock it to a 6970 too, even though its a 1gb model

Last edited:
h100modtemps.jpg

you can see the max temps on the right column, after hours of prime95 small FFT, 1100T @ 4Ghz

looks pretty badass and looks like it performs pretty damn well too!

My cpu on prime gets to about 70 @ 4Ghz, but I need the voltage high for the overclock. Its really stable, just a hot chip. idles 39 with 22 ambient and mid 40's to mid 50's on gaming load.

Back