• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclockers help me

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madalore1

Hello! Im new but an old schol nerd. Im trying to overclock my Toshiba Satellite P755 laptop with I7-2630QM. It use to be so easy back in the day with BIOS settings but now none of the ususal settings are available. I downloaded Set FSB but now Im trying to find the Clock Generator for my motherbord but having a lot of trouble. I downloded Si-Sandra but it does not hve the clock generator listed nor PLL. Can any Jedi please advice me on this issue. I really dont want to open up my computer:bang head.:bang head

You really should not be overclocking on a retail laptop. These are build for portability and silence. Neither of these two factors will help you overclock. Generally, the heatsinks/fans in a laptop are just barely good enough to run the hardware at stock speeds, and in some cases, not even that.

The Toshiba I owned would overheat and shut down if I ran the right type of stress test on the processor. The video card committed suicide 5+ times and had to be replaced. This is all on stock settings or less.

I apologize that I'm not offering the assistance you specifically asked for, but I believe this is dangerous enough that you could harm the laptop. Since overclocking voids your warranty, if you were able to do it, you wouldn't be able to get a replacement. Leave overclocking to the components that are made for it.

Thanks. I just feel I got messed over because it is slow even if it is a quad. I spent too much ion a 2.0quad when I could hae bought a 2.5duo. [LSTREAM][/LSTREAM] Still would like to overclock it 2.3

Back