• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

screenshot help please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NotNero

So I'm in Windows7 diagnostic mode, I've got a good run of Heaven on the screen worth about 5 boints, hit print screen, can't find paint. Turned windows modules back onto manual in services, but still can't find it. I've never had this happen before... Any ideas?

I just type mspaint.exe in the windows start menu, then hit enter. Try that?

Other option is using the snipping tool, if thats available.

+1 to mspaint.exe thought.

Is there a boint boost to running Heaven in diagnostic mode?

Thanks guys. I had to run out of the house, I'm sure that'll work. It hit me about as I got around the corner from the house to try that, but i assumed it was "disabled" somewhere in services, thus that mightn't work. There probably isn't a bonus for diagnostic mode, but i was benching on my daily driver, so I booted that way to avoid turning everything off manually..

Depending on what it shuts off, it may actually hurt the score as well. Try it both ways just in case. :)

Can't actually submit screenshotted Heavens I don't think, you need to save the file the HWBot Heaven generates and submit that. It contains a screenshot.

just got home, you sure enough, it does it all for you. Thanks a bunch guys. I thought those were just instructions, I didn't realize they were "buttons," as it were.

just as a note, mspaint.exe in the search bar worked as well. Thanks to everyone!

just submitted, my Heaven score..5.7boints, and my first global points! 2.2.. anywho, thanks again, everybody, off to PM nzaneb and brollocks! :D

Ill run heaven in 1680x1050, turn off aero and run windows classic theme.
In Nvidia control panel, turn off Ambient Occlusion, Antialiasing gamma and mode.

Doing those things seemed to help a bit. Also running the latest drivers helped as well.

how do you run it in 1680x1050? Do you do that through nvidia control panel as well? I'm in performance mode now with all the eye candy turned off through NCP, and it mad enough of a difference to get me almost a couple points in DX9, so thanks onefstsnake!

Just change your resolution by right clicking in desktop.
So your changing your screen resolution for everything, not just heaven.

Back