• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need Help Overclocking Asus Board.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TravisCadello

I have a Intel quad q9650 at 3ghz i want to over clock it a little bit its water cooled so why not pull a little more out if i can.

anyways its a p5kpl-am/pl motherboard and in the settings the multiplier says set 0 to 9 and 9 is max and at 9 is the speed of my cpu already so i cant figure out how to overclock it or is the board maxed out.

Thanks guys.

Welcome! You would need to use the FSB to overclock as the final clockspeed is the function of FSB x multiplier = clockspeed.

In my signature is a guide for your CPU (C2Q) check that guide out to get you started and report back with any questions! :)

my bios settings doesn't have a option for cpu multiplier. theirs really no over clock settings, the only thing is a setting thats on auto now and it sets from 6 to 9 and 9 is my original clock speed and if i go 6 it slows down to 2.6ghz. why wont it let me go above my original clock speed?

If you do not have any FSB controls, you really arent going anywhere.

That motherboard is based off the G31 chipset which is a budget board... so I think you may be out of luck.

You can try an application called SetFSB, but you need to find the PLL number for your board for it to work.

its good at 3.6 but 3.9 will work but its like everytime i do it that high bios dont recognize my hard drive at all. why is that?

Back