• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Set Up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fmkenner

I just built mt first computer and was wondering if you guys have any tips or tweaks I should do. Here is my set up.

Asus Z68 Deluxe
i7 2600K
Hyper 212 Plus cooler
Corsiar 16GB Vengance Ram
1TB Seagate HHD
OCZ 60GB Vertex 3 SSD Caching the HHD
OCZ 128GB Vertex 3, hosting the OS and drivers

I moved my Documents, Picture, Music files over to my HHD. I heard about moving my temp/tmp files over there too may optimize my computer also. Heard something about page files too, mine says its using 16000+ MB, seems like alot. I never have really overclocked anything on my computer and would like to work on learning this. I figured to start I should learn about tweeking the performace of my computer.
Any advise on overclocking and tips or tricks that may help me along would be great.
Thanks for taking the time to help.
Fred

First thing to do after installation and chipset/vga driver install is run WEI.

As far as your page file, leave it on the OS drive just shrink the PF size to 2GB and gain back some space.

I think you are losing a bit of performance on the 128GB Vertex3 due to it being on another non intel and possibly sata2 port?

First thing to do after installation and chipset/vga driver install is run WEI.

As far as your page file, leave it on the OS drive just shrink the PF size to 2GB and gain back some space.

I think you are losing a bit of performance on the 128GB Vertex3 due to it being on another non intel and possibly sata2 port?

I ran the proformace thing, it said I scored 7.9 in everything but 2 areas. I scored 7.6 in them areas. The SSDs are on Sata 3 ports.

Back