• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can u mix AS3 and some epoxy to make adhesive?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes you can, but the thermal efficiency will be poorer due to the suspension of the AS3 in the other epoxy.

Hoot

:Dthen about mixing AS3 with AS Expoxy to increase the thermal conductivity?

btw I confess for my eager suspicion of AS3 effectiveness... :D

I'll be honest with you. Since you are changing the AS epoxy mix by adding grease to it, albeit thermally conductive grease, you may still have reduced performance compared to just plain old AS Epoxy. Did you read Joes article about the different revisions of AS and the difference in performance he observed? Those articles on the front page are pretty useful reference material. Each day, before I head to the forums, I read the new articles on the front page.

Hoot

Hoot said:
I'll be honest with you. Since you are changing the AS epoxy mix by adding grease to it, albeit thermally conductive grease, you may still have reduced performance compared to just plain old AS Epoxy. Did you read Joes article about the different revisions of AS and the difference in performance he observed? Those articles on the front page are pretty useful reference material. Each day, before I head to the forums, I read the new articles on the front page.

Hoot

I should get in the habit of that. But my book marks are directly linked to these forums.

Yodums said:

I should get in the habit of that. But my book marks are directly linked to these forums.

so do I:D, and also the problem is: those articles are all categorised by topics, it will be much more convenient to have a "Show all sorted by chronological order" click...

maybe also fior the forums?:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yeah, I usually forget to read the articles on the front page for about a week or so and then when I think about it I will head over to the front page and read all the articles that have been posted over the past week.

AntiHeiss said:
Yeah, I usually forget to read the articles on the front page for about a week or so and then when I think about it I will head over to the front page and read all the articles that have been posted over the past week.

you go through topic by topic?:rolleyes:

Back