• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel® vPro™ Technology

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tomofnnh

Registered
Hello,

I've been tasked to put together some new CAD stations at work. The only catch is that these new CAD workstations must be vPro compliant. I wanted to use the new i7-3960k on the new X79 chipset, but I cannot find any information that proves of the CPU or the X79 chipset have vPro. Anyone have any hard evidence to help with my task?

Thanks in advance!

**EDIT** Wow my sig. is old (haven't been here in a few years)

Thanks for the link Petteyg. I'll just have to learn to live without vPro.

In order to get Intel® vPro™ you need to be using a processor that has TXT and VT-D also the board most support it. To make it easy you are looking for a board with the Q67 chipset (Intel has a couple of these boards the Intel Desktop board DQ67SW and DQ67 OW, I know that Asus has one and I think Gigabyte has one too) and a processors like the Intel® Core™ i3-2100, i5-2300, i5-2400, i5-2500, or i7-2600. You can't use any of the "K" models processors.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

Last edited:
Back