• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Super weird X79 issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

moocow

Hey guys,
I've got this super weird issue and I wanted to know if anyone else has had anything happen like this, and any suggestions would be great.

Anyway, I've got an X79-UD3 board and this thing is weird, I can overclock it fine at night when the room is warmer and its been running for awhile. But if I turn it off and fire the rig up in the morning it won't boot with the same clocks as it did at night (4.5). I have tried every multi and it only boots with a 35x or lower multi in the morning but has no problems doing 45+ at night.

I am also wondering if the chip is degrading, or the bios is just bad but every time I am needing to put slightly more IMC volts to get it to post at all when overclocked, yet I can run 2133mhz 9-9-9 ram on stock imc volts with the chip at stock frequencies. Running F5d bios atm and its been more stable than the rest, but cpu-core voltages are still all over the place which makes me think that if the core voltages are all over the place the imc and other voltages might be as well.

Vdrop/Vdroop is pretty bad on on teh UD7 at least in core. I havent tested anything else.

I havent experienced that issue though. Sorry.

Back