• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

javascript not working in any browser

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

P0RT

Registered
Hi,

Suddenly no javascript links are working in ANY browser.

The machine that's having this problem is:
windows xp media center sp3

I've tried, latest version of firefox, older versions of firefox, IE8, (can't get IE9 on xp), Chrome, and Opera

I've also tried scanning for virus / spyware / malware with multiple scanners and updated definitions and nothing is found.

I've tried running and installing all windows updates. I also ran the following in an elevated command prompt:

regsvr32 /u jscript.dll - Rebooted
regsvr32 jscript.dll - Rebooted

Still does not work.

I can't think of anything else to try next. Anyone have any idea's or suggesstions?

Last thing, when i go to http://javatester.org/javascript.html it says javascript is working properly. However on multiple sites that use a javascript link all i see is javascript:void(0) and the link does nothing.. in internet explorer it does show that there is a script error. But i can successfully click the link and it works fine on a different computer on the same site.

HALP Please.. thanks in advance.

It would be helpful to know if Javascript works in safe mode, to determine whether it's a corrupt engine or conflicting program.

This may be caused by your antivirus or antispyware programs. Try disabling all of their browser-integrated settings.

Back