• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED IP35 Pro will not boot up!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jumpin Jack

Hi, been having an intermittent problem with my gaming rig (see sig below) for many months with it not booting up the first time when switched on and had to hit the reset and then all was good. Today, resetting it wouldn't work.

Currently I'm getting an oscillating Post Code of 83 (Saved all data in stack back to CMOS) and 84 (Initialize ISA PnP boot device). I have long since suspected the MB as the culprit...

I cleaned out the PC of any dust and re-seated all the sockets and cards back on to the board. No change.
One by one I removed the peripherals off the MB and try booting till all was removed (except the fans) and it would finally boot to C1 (Detect memory - Auto detect).
Adding back the peripherals I isolated the fault to when I inserted the RAM sticks. Doing this would cause it to oscillate back to Codes 83 & 84.
If I installed all 4 sticks it would oscillate on codes 83 & 84. Installing 1, 2, or 3 sticks it would sit on code C1....

In my assumptions it could be faulty RAM, but I doubt all 4 sticks have become faulty at the same time and I should be able to boot to Windows on 2Gb (I think). So that leaves the MB and how to fix?? If replacing it what is the best readily available MB to fit the rest of my components?

Thx heaps for the advice.... Jack!!

No I hadn't tried that as it wasn't posting past the initial startup I didn't think these settings could effect the bootup.

Just reset it, and nope it didn't fix it, sob sob sob...

All fixed.... Replaced the MB and problem gone!

Had to replace the RAM too so upgraded to Win 7 & a new SSD drive...

Back