• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

water cooling aftercare

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dearbeloved

are there any after care tips or tricks that i can use to my my loop run cooler?

its not a huge deal as im running at 58C on a full load for 4.2 ghz using a swiftech xt block, 120.3 rad, corsair d4 pump with primochill tubing and distilled water.

im just wondering if it stops here or if theres other tricks im able to use to get it cooler.

I check the water clarity every-so-often and change when needed. That's not often though because I'm rather a stickler in pre-assembly cleaning.
It's also a good idea to clean out the fans/radiator when needed. An increase in temps can be your guide in this one.

If your temps increase after several months and the fans/rad remain clean, then it may be time to replace the TIM on your waterblock interface, not a common problem, but I've seen it here and on my own system.

You should add a biocide if you are not already running one. Petras carries PTnuke and PPCs has IandH deadwater. There both the same stuff grab whatever you can get shipped for less.

I personally have to blow the dust out of my radiators and fan filters about every 3-4 weeks but I live in the desert so...

Other than that its just making sure to top off your loop and if you feel so inclined polish the copper every now and again.

ill try those out, everything is clean right now as ive just changed the tubing and waterblock and cleaned everything as well. i actually use iandh deadwater in my loop so thats already in there. is 58C a decent temp running a i7 950 at 4.2 ghz and 1.34 volts?

75c is basically your ceiling as far as thermals are concerned. So you actually still have some headroom IF you wanted to push it further. Otherwise id say where your at is probably a great balance of temps and performance though.

ill try those out, everything is clean right now as ive just changed the tubing and waterblock and cleaned everything as well. i actually use iandh deadwater in my loop so thats already in there. is 58C a decent temp running a i7 950 at 4.2 ghz and 1.34 volts?

my 950 at 4.0 Ghz and 1.31 Volts hits 45-50C on game load and 60-70C on p95 + heaven stress test. I idle around 40C. I use to get up to 80C on air and it was still perfectly stable although that is the reason I switched to water.

In other words, 58C is fine.

Back