• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stat servers down?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
At least it was just the refrigerator that broke. If they were hosting at Rackspace, the whole thing would've exploded, instead :p

Wave when you whoosh by my points, Mac :p

Ok, I was scared for a sec... I was thinking I did something wrong, and had my clients configured to another person or something, but it is christmas time... so point gifting is the thing to do.

Ah, so is this is why I am not seeing a point change on my stats page. I have been bashing my head against the wall because I have at least 7-8 bigadv wu's that need to be updated that haven't been.

So THAT'S why I couldn't catch that guy pointswise all weekend.

Monday will tell the tale of my efforts then ...

Obviously some major problem on the stats server. Fortunately all my machines continue to receive and report work without interruptions.

No kidding... I can't remember the last time we had a multi-day outage like this. Been years... I guess that's a tribute to how things are getting more reliable. Seems like just a few short years ago we used to have a stats outage every other week.

5 years ago I would have thought that was an insurmountable lead. However today the server class machines are awarded about 75x the ppd per flop as the desktops and servers at the time, so no lead is insurmountable. I imagine 5 years from now, we'll be getting 150x the ppd/flop and our work of today will look about as worthless as our work of 5 years ago looks now.

True, I still see it as quite the lead though! I hope my uncle hooks me up with an excess server rig :) That would be quite the christmas present... especially since I dont currently pay for my utility's! (sorry to mention) Heck, I just want to make it back to the first page!

Odd that Stanford hasnt updated with what is going on since 1130am on Sunday... But like mentioned above, as long as the work can come out and go back... It will just be a nice bump. Will they list the w/u's according to the time it finished? or just award it as bulk points with an update?

About the worthlessness of past contributions, I don't know... I kind of like having 50,000+ WU's folded, but still less than 5 million points, compared to some of the newer members with a few thousand WU's and more points than me. Now that I'm digging around trying to get my fix on stats... I see that I'm #29 on the team for total WU's and #440 overall, compared to #128 on the team for points and #5016 overall. At the end of the day, I've still folded A LOT more WU's than many other contributors, and that was with about a 5 year break from folding.

Last edited:
About the worthlessness of past contributions, I don't know... I kind of like having 50,000+ WU's folded, but still less than 5 million points, compared to some of the newer members with a few thousand WU's and more points than me. Now that I'm digging around trying to get my fix on stats... I see that I'm #29 on the team for total WU's and #440 overall, compared to #128 on the team for points and #5016 overall. At the end of the day, I've still folded A LOT more WU's than many other contributors, and that was with about a 5 year break from folding.

You're right, I have more respect for the unspoken folders that are down in the trenches doing the real SMP science. Way to go, dude.

Back