• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Acetal cleaning?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Prime

Hey there! I just picked this EK block up from Earthdog (who I cant thank enough for the deal he gave me!) and im pretty sure I need to open it up and lean it out:
IMAG0426.jpg

So I've done my lurking on here and I'm pretty sure that for copper, ketchup works well on cleaning. Does that stay the same for acetal?

Unless it was hard water running through the loop, it's doubtful that ketchup would help. Probably a good polish would work better. Lay a paper towel on a clean counter top and buff to your heart's content.
Paper towel is just abrasive enough to polish most clear plastics.
Crazy, I know.

okay thanks, also wheres the best place to get thermal pads?

Not sure about US. Maybe PerformancePC or Petra's?

If you live in Europe, then you should give FrozenCPU or Aquatuning a try.

Anyway, make sure you get the right size thermal pads. Look at the EK install sheet and look for info.

PS: BTW, that's not acetal, that's nickel. If you meant the cover, that's Plexi. You should be fine if you use lemon juice.
About the gasket, even though it's recommended, I've opened and closed my two 470 blocks a bunch of times. Haven't got a leak still. For fun's sake, I'll mention that I got a leak. In one of the SLi fittings. Heh. Ordered new o-rings.

Back