• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

H100 push/pull [FAN CHOICE]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HypnotiK

Hello everyone,

I'll cut right to the chase, I plan on building a computer in january 2012 or so (for more details see http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=693692), and I'm planning on installing a H100 as intake at the top of the corsair 800D. I'm planning on going intake top H100 as intake, bottom as intake and back as exhaust (seems like positive pressure with this setup is the best way to do it with the 800d, feel free to comment on that too).

My question is, which fans should I choose for a push/pull configuration with the H100. After reading quite a bit, the most popular seemed to be the Gentle typhoons and the noiseblockers (was going to get the NB M12-S2 but it seems that them not being pwm causes problems when connecting them to the h100 module), I'm obviously looking for performance but also want them to be quiet. So I'd like to get suggestions from you guys.

Thanks alot. :thup:

Depends on how much noise you can tolerate... PWM fans on a CPU is the way to go IMHO. Like on my set up I used 3 PWM fans on my top mounted radiator with a PWM splitter running off the mainboard header. I then set up the fan speed profile in the BIOS based on the CPU temp so they are quiet when the cpu is cool and speed up as neccessary. What you also need to look at is the amount of static pressure some of these quiet fans are capable of producing versus the fin density of your radiator... Because in the case of water cooling CFM's are only part of the equation, you need the pressure to push the air through the fins efficently.

Back