Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Cooling > Water Cooling
Water Cooling Discussion devoted to blocks, pumps, radiators, reservoirs, tubing, and everything else to get you running smooth on a water loop
Forum Jump

Yet another H80 vs. H100 (600T case) question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 12-14-11, 07:45 PM Thread Starter   #1
digitalpirate

Yet another H80 vs. H100 (600T case) question

I currently have the H100 (exhaust) config in my 600t case. The radiator is in the case, and the 2 fans sit outside the case on top. There, is no room for a push/pull config. I have an option to exchange, the H100 for a H80 (which will be setup in push/pull), and will be mounted in my exhaust fan spot in the back of the case.

My question is, do u think i will get better temps/performance with the H80 push/pull, vs H100 2 fan exhaust?

Thanks in advanced!
digitalpirate is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-14-11, 07:56 PM   #2
bmwbaxter
Premium Member #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalpirate View Post
I currently have the H100 (exhaust) config in my 600t case. The radiator is in the case, and the 2 fans sit outside the case on top. There, is no room for a push/pull config. I have an option to exchange, the H100 for a H80 (which will be setup in push/pull), and will be mounted in my exhaust fan spot in the back of the case.

My question is, do u think i will get better temps/performance with the H80 push/pull, vs H100 2 fan exhaust?

Thanks in advanced!

You will get better temps with your current setup. simple as that

Old 12-14-11, 08:31 PM Thread Starter   #3
digitalpirate

wow! Now that's what i call a speedy reply.. thanks so much for your input. I was weary about the current performance just because the way the 600t fits the H100 the fans sit on top of the radiator in a pull cong, rather then under pushing air thru it. But i had to hear it from a pro. thanks again
digitalpirate is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-14-11, 08:47 PM   #4
bmwbaxter
Premium Member #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalpirate View Post
wow! Now that's what i call a speedy reply.. thanks so much for your input. I was weary about the current performance just because the way the 600t fits the H100 the fans sit on top of the radiator in a pull cong, rather then under pushing air thru it. But i had to hear it from a pro. thanks again
you have the same number of fans as an h80 in push/pull but have twice the surface area in your rad. so even if you are moving 75% of the air you are still out cooling the h80. also I like my fans in a pull config since it allows me to clean the rad easier since the dust basically only gets stuck on the side that it is drawn in on. this means i don't have to take my fans off to clean.

once again stick around and you will learn much much more

Old 12-15-11, 01:08 PM   #5
JeremyCT

http://hothardware.com/Reviews/Liqui...H100-Reviewed/

To reinforce what bmwbaxter told you: the H100 beats the H80 every time in their testing.

EVGA GTX 750ti SC (merry little miner. PhysX)
DDC3.2 w/XSPC res-top and MCR320

Total hashrate = ~0.6 MH/s
JeremyCT is offline Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-15-11, 09:07 PM   #6
mjw21a

Yup, H100 rocks dude. I replaced my case to go to something which could handle it.

Storage: 1x 120GB OCZ Vertex II SSD, 1x 250GB Samsung 830 SSD, 1x 1.5TB Samsung Silencer Series HDD
GFX: 4GB Gigabyte ATI R9 270X OC Edition + Yamakasi Catleap Q270 SE 27" IPS LED LCD
Audio: Asus Xonar DX, Senheiser CX270 earbuds + UltraDisk 4016 Condenser Lavelier Microphone
Case & Lighting: Silverstone Temjin TJ04-E w/ Side Window + Red CCFL's
PSU: 550W Antec EarthWatts Platinum
My rig piccies & links

"Under democracy one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule - and both commonly succeed, and are right." H.L. MENCKEN
mjw21a is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Cooling > Water Cooling
Water Cooling Discussion devoted to blocks, pumps, radiators, reservoirs, tubing, and everything else to get you running smooth on a water loop