• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

find me a good laptop for <1,000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

marketpantry

My finances got a bit better. Find me a good laptop that can game decently, but is also somewhat portable. i will be using this for school as well as for some gaming.

games i will playo n it:

gta 4, left 4 dead 2, killing floor, crysis 2, bulletstorm, unreal tournament 3, and a few other games in the future.

requirements: I7 series processor, somewhat portable, plays the games ive listed very well, stays cool with no overheating issues.

Last edited:
I had a friend ask me this same question but with zero laptop gaming experience I had nothing to offer so Im hoping someone can throw out some recommendations also.

Heres a bump in hopes theres a laptop gamer out there watching.

http://www.dell.com/us/p/xps-l502x/fs

The first one on the left; customise and change the Video Card to a GT 540M. Leaves you at 900 US.. :shrug:

that's one idea.. But you haven't specified a size preference..?

For gaming and general use.. I don't see a huge increase in performance from i5 to i7..

For <1000 playing those games 'very well' is a matter of opinion.. ><

Alternatively; check new egg for some refurbished i7 Asus gaming laptops... Perhaps another idea.

Why don't you try the new m1 MacBook air? I've purchased the air and I'm loving it. The only issue I have is that I don't like the 13-inch display size. If it was 14 inch or even 15.6 inch, that'd have been better.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

I am also using a windows laptop, but its over $1,000, but I still love my under $1,000 M1 MacBook air, as its faster and more responsive than my 3 year old intel based gaming laptop from Acer.

Why don't you try the new m1 MacBook air? I've purchased the air and I'm loving it. The only issue I have is that I don't like the 13-inch display size. If it was 14 inch or even 15.6 inch, that'd have been better.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

I am also using a windows laptop, but its over $1,000, but I still love my under $1,000 M1 MacBook air, as its faster and more responsive than my 3 year old intel based gaming laptop from Acer.
You do realize this thread is almost 10 years old, right???

We don't close threads for that, typically. Just pay closer attention to what you are replying to. :) :thup:

Back