• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC'd Reboots

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

McGrace

Hi all,

Got a 1100T on black friday and threw it in the box in my Sig in red. (Have Cooler Master Hyper 212 for heatsink) I used the MSI Auto OC Genie, and it set it to 3960MHz. It would work fine for long periods, and the temps with HW Monitor showed 32 deg C. But I would get an insta-BSOD and reboot. The BSOD would flash for less than a second and go right to a reboot.

I reset to default settings, and never had the issue since.

I am guessing this is what happens when the system over-heats? Or is 32C low enough that the OC Genie may have set other settings that just don't help stability?

Obviously if it's the latter, I can re-do it and write down what it set stuff to.

Thankfully, going from a 630x4 to a 1100T was nice enough the OC doesn't matter for now.

Thanks and happy "this time of year"!

STOP: 0x0000000A = I would increase the Vcore.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STOP: 0x00000124 = I would also increase the Vcore.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STOP: 0x00000050 = I would try a RAM voltage increase. The DRAM clock may be too high.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah I read the guide, but it takes a while for stuff to sink in for me. Plus I wanted to know if 32C is a high temp or not and I didn't recall reading that.

Part of the problem is that the BSOD is instant, there is no time to read it. But it looks like whatever I do, it's increase the voltage. Hehe.

Thanks for the help guys!

Back