• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

480$ Budget

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skylinecalvin

Registered
My absolute budget is $480. The computer will be used to gaming but primarly starcraft 2. It doesn't need to be played on ultra and i would like to purchase everything from newegg. Am i forgetting anything? No OS or monitor\keyboard\mouse needed.
Here is my current list.
Also the person im building this computer doesn't want the case changed.
Processor - Llano A6-3500
2x2 set of ram equaling 4gb at 1600mhz
500Watts antec PSU
Radeon 5670
Biostar A55MH FM1
Hitachi 500gb 7200RPM
Sentey Arvina Extreme Division Tower Case

500w PSU is quite a bit bigger than it needs to be for that system. Also if you intend to use dual graphics you need a 6570 or 6670 graphics card. I know that the 6670 is a rebranded 5670 but the drivers will probably detect it as an invalid combination. If you dont plan on using dual graphics then you want to change that A6 out for the Athlon II FM1 variant. The other big improvement you could look for is an A75 based motherboard. It has a few more features than the A55. You can also squeeze a bit more into your build if you find a similar but cheaper case.

Last edited:
whoops that was an accident on my half, i meant to post a 6670 to utilize the graphics on the cpu. How well would this run sc2? Also im not sure what the requirements are for diablo 3 but will this beable to run it at all?

EDIT: Also what do you recommend? I used a PSU calculator and it recommended around 350 watts. I remember reading somewhere that PSU's even tho advertised as 500 watts it would run less.

My wifes fusion rig will run SC2 @ 720p resolution on high/ultra custom settings at full 60FPS with Vsync.

Edit this would by my suggestion.
12-16 fusion.jpg

Case is black and blue but MATX instead of full size.
This PSU is higher efficiency and should provide cleaner power.

Plus its $468 and with 35 more in rebates it should be about $450 after shipping and rebates.

The only thing that I would add to this would be if you can you should try and get an A8 + aftermarket cooler. Right now the egg has the OEM/Tray A8s for like $129. Its not as much for the 4th cpu core as its for the extra 80 GPU cores.

Last edited:
Back