• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

newbie oc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

griff_72

Registered
hello all
i hope im in the right place i have just decided to clock my little gem that i built many years ago as i would like a supper fast computer but dont have the bucks right now
ive adjusted switches for the core/bus freq, opened jumper and adjusted something in bios chip set from 100mhx to 124 mhz and cpu is running at 434 mhz i did ajust it to run over 450 but lexplorer dint run and some games said i had a virus guess it was unstable at that speed.
Anyways i have ran toast for 15 hrs that long because mum came home so i went out for a few beers, a few ended up being many.
max temp is 29c thats the highest i have ever seen it ive been trying to get it higher as i think there might be a falt with sensor after reading so much about heat problems with oc cpu and cant belive my cpu dont get hot

i wish to do more to clock my pc could you please say what else i can do :burn:

Welcome to the forums Griff! Sounds like you've already got some of the basics down. You may want to give this article in the "Tips and Techniques" section of this site a read. Take some time and browse over some of the articles that peak your interest.

As you've already begun the process, it might help to take a little step back and read about Temps, Cooling methods, voltage, bus speeds, effects of overclocking, etc. The articles here will help answer a lot of basic questions. Then you can summarize your thoughts and fire away! Welcome again! :D

i have come to relise that it is time to build a new pc, my little gem is way to slow for the multimedia that i want
first i guess ill need a new mobo so any ideas would much be appreciated im looking at pentium 4

griff_72 said:
hello all
i hope im in the right place i have just decided to clock my little gem that i built many years ago as i would like a supper fast computer but dont have the bucks right now
ive adjusted switches for the core/bus freq, opened jumper and adjusted something in bios chip set from 100mhx to 124 mhz and cpu is running at 434 mhz i did ajust it to run over 450 but lexplorer dint run and some games said i had a virus guess it was unstable at that speed.
Anyways i have ran toast for 15 hrs that long because mum came home so i went out for a few beers, a few ended up being many.
max temp is 29c thats the highest i have ever seen it ive been trying to get it higher as i think there might be a falt with sensor after reading so much about heat problems with oc cpu and cant belive my cpu dont get hot

i wish to do more to clock my pc could you please say what else i can do :burn:

I've got the same setup accept I can run mine @ 466 with FSb of 133 :) It's got stock cooling and humm that about it I use CPUfSB to OC ...

Back