• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Build - Watercooled HAF X

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Needitcooler

Yes, I know... Another watercooled HAF X build. Sorry.

Well, I made a deal with the devil and built my "dream" system. I say, "dream" because I also have dreams of triple SLI, dual 1000w PSU's, dry ice cooling, and a custom case blacksmithed on the almight Skyforge, but this will have to do for now.

Parts list:
Processor - Intel 2500K
Motherboard - Asus P8Z68-V Gen3
Memory - 8 GB GSkill Sniper DDR3 1600Mhz
Graphics - MSI Hawk 460GTX (waiting on the 7000 series Radeon's)
SSD - Kingston HyperX 120Gb
HDD - Hitachi 2Tb
Optical - Pioneer Blu Ray Burner
PSU - Seasonic Platinum 860W
Case - HAF X Blue Edition
Keyboard - Corsair K90 Mechanical
Mouse - Corsair M60
Most cables sleeved with Techflex

Water Cooling:
CPU Block - EK Supreme HF Acrylic
Reservoir - XSPC Dual Bay Reservoir for D5 Pump
Pump - Swiftech MCP655
Radiator - XSPC RX360 w/ 6 x Gentle Typhoon AP-15 Fans
Primochill Black Tubing

Edit on Jan 14, 2012 - Added 6x Gentle Typhoon AP-15's on Rad. Added a 140mm Enermax Apollish rear exhaust fan. Added blue LED's to EK Supreme HF CPU Block. Added 140mm CM intake fan at bottom of case. 2 new pics added.

A few pics:

dsc6420p.jpg

dsc6453yi.jpg

dsc6472b.jpg

dsc6475r.jpg

dsc6479.jpg

dsc6487h.jpg

dsc6501p.jpg

dsc6532fo.jpg

dsc6527w.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Hi there, firstly, great build!

Question for you, what is the blue LED fan that comes with the Blue Edition Haf X? We can't get it in the UK and I really want the HAF X for future WCing but I really really loathe RED LEDs and it won't work with my Blue and Blk mobo.

Is it the 200mm Megaflow? Or have they got some secret 230mm blue fans they aren't telling anyone about? If it is a 230mm, does anyone know if the 200mm Megaflow fits in the front where the 230mm sits?

Any help would be appreciated from the UK!

Unklejoe

Hi unklejoe. The Blue Edition HAF X comes with a front 230mm Blue LED fan, Side intake 200mm Blue LED fan, top exhaust 200mm Blue LED fan, and rear exhaust 140mm Blue LED fan.

The 200 and 230mm fans are all blue megaflows. Note that you can't actually buy the 230mm megaflow anywhere. Apparently, it is the same as the 200mm megaflow, same blade length, same CFM, same dBA, etc, but has a larger frame body to absorb vibration.

The 200mm megaflow will mount in the front intake.

If you are going to buy 200mm fans, you may want to look at other options, as the megaflows don't have the best ratings. These bitfenix fans get pretty good reviews and push more air - http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...e_LED_200mm_Fan_-_Blue_BFF-BLF-20020B-RP.html

@Needitcooler - Much appreciated! I have looked at the Bit Fenix ones already, read some good reviews, just wasn't sure if they fitted so it's nice to have an answer on that. Got a couple of Bit Fenix fans at the moment and they are seriously good. Well I think I have my plan for my home brew Blue HAF X, now to find the best prices!

Once again, thanks a lot!

Unklejoe

Added 6x Gentle Typhoon AP-15's on Rad. Added a 140mm Enermax Apollish rear exhaust fan. Added blue LED's to EK Supreme HF CPU Block. Added 140mm CM intake fan at bottom of case. 2 new pics added.

Back