• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HAF X extreme water cooling!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

F2C Synyster

Registered
Hey guys I was thinking about water cooling my HAF X whenever I get it and I was looking to see if you guys had any recommendations on which pumps, tubing, resevoirs, and etc... I should use.
I want it to cool my CPU, GPU, memory, and my hard drive maybe.. but anyways if you guys could leave some feedback that would help alot!!! Thanks

And more info.
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6489396&postcount=3

In this link you will find more than a few HAFX cases. Your cooling needs, your budget, and your components can modify some changes that others have used.
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=625468

If your totally new at watercooling, you need to spend time learning. And don't think your special, above the others. The more time you spend learning before ordering $600 in parts is well spent time.

I have already read thru alot of the stickies and I learned some stuff but I just wanted to see what you guys thought about what i should put in it.

That really depends on what you're going to be cooling. What processor and video card(s) will you be cooling? Will you be overclocking at all? (I'd recommend against memory and hard drive cooling as those blocks are just restrictive and don't provide much benefit overall.)

These questions factor into how much heat load your equipment will produce and this heat load will need to be dissipated by your radiators and fans. And depending on whether you want silent operation or prefer a more performance oriented rig, this will also factor into how much radiator area you need and which speed fans you'll be using.

Start by reading a bit more and understanding heat load, delta T and looking at some graphs at skinneelabs.com. This will help you put together a parts list of your own and understand how water cooling works. Then you can post your list here and the experts here will be more than glad to point you in the right direction.

Anybody can suggest what to get, but if you plan on tinkering with it or adding on to it in the future and really want to understand, reading the stickies is the way to go.

I have already read thru alot of the stickies and I learned some stuff but I just wanted to see what you guys thought about what i should put in it.

A lot is not enough...for that matter nor is reading, you need to read and UNDERSTAND all of the stickies...and preferably not just ours, but others too. If you're serious about doing this, act like it. No one here wants to hold your hand through this, if you have specific questions, we're more than happy to answer them, but you needa understand what you're doing. I promise it's for your own good.

harsh as it may sound he is right. you really do need to understand whats going on inside the water loop if you want to go beyond just getting a pump a rad and a block and strapping it to a cpu. which would probably provide dissapointing temperatures on the cpu.

when it comes down to it your the one who is gonna be building this thing and your gonna have to maintain it. if you dont understand it... well at somepoint the story wont end well.

Back