• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Killer NIC Owners

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

notarat

Anyone here have one of the Bigfoot Killer NIC Cards?

How do they perform?
Are you happy with it?

I see the amazon reviews are mixed, at best, so I thought I'd ask if current owners here who have a little more technical experience found the card to be satisfactory.

My killer NIC card is build into my motherboard. I have a g1 sniper has an e2100 killer nic built in. I like it, you have to play with it and set it up, but I find I have less lag in games. After saying all that, if your the kind of person who likes gaming and tweaking your system to try and squeeze every last performance out then its up your allay. If you couldn't be bothered then leave it be. But I like mine and I would want one on my next system build.

with current gen comps, I don't see you gaining much performance at all (system wise) with taking the networking stuff out of the stack.. otherwise its just another NIC card with an onboard processor.. if you're using an old system it might help out more.. dunno.. to me its a gimmick.. just MHO!

Get a quality intel pcie nic instead, you'll be happy with the money you save over a placebo effect.

Get a quality intel pcie nic instead, you'll be happy with the money you save over a placebo effect.

there actually are measurable differences to be had over most NIC's, though I do think one of the recent intel chipsets absolutely thwomps it.

If you really can benefit from a 5-10ms ping reduction, then sure, it's for you. For most people? We aren't playing games that touchy...

Ping from an onboard nic is minimal, less than 1ms. Ping your router and it'll always be under 1ms. In addition, even when downloading at MB/s speeds you will rarely go above 1% system usage, and most of it is probably the processor decompressing/storing the packet. From observation, performance gains are negligible.

Back