• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with GTX570?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slaytalera

Hey guys,

My EVGA GTX570 has gone on the fritz and i was wondering if anyone could tell me if its dead, or if its something fixable. Essentially what happens is that it wont show anything on the monitor...nothing....the monitor wont even wake up out of power save mode. Ive tried both DVI ports and the HDMI port with a different cable and nothing happens. The only thing that has changed is that I added a sound card to the system and I moved my wireless PCI card away from the fan to give it some breathing room....anyone have any ideas?

I didnt unplug anything (internally, I unplugged it from the wall), but that was the first thing i double checked. I also tried reseating the graphics card

Last edited:
How do you know it's the video card and not the monitor?

For that matter, how do you know it's not one of your new/moved cards causing the issue?

Take out the new/moved cards and see if it works. Recheck all power connectors on the motherboard and sound card, see if you can get the display working again. If you can get the display output working again, add one thing at a time, testing at each stage, to see at what point it stops working. Funny things can happen if you change too much at once, and it's impossible to troubleshoot unless you change only one thing at a time.

Sorry i havent replied, ive been busy. The monitor works with my laptop and apple TV no problem, and im gonna try removing the other cards and see what happens, thanks!

Edit: instead of bumping this ill just add this here. I guess something came loose as i wiggled the 2 power connectors on the card and the PCI-E power port on the mobo, as well as the cards, and when i plugged it back in it worked....wow i feel like a noob lol

Last edited:
Back