• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Laptop Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nihility86

So I have a Toshiba Qosmio X505. It does gaming fairly well but its starting to show its age with some newer titles. I was looking into over clocking it a bit but wanted to know if a cooling pad is the best cooling device for a laptop or the temperature drop wont be worth the money. If it is, what would you recommend for me? Ive looked on Amazon and seen some fairly nice looking ones that are in the 20-40$ range but not sure if I should jump on it. Hope to hear some advice and thanks in advance!

Pulling the laptop apart for a real good cleaning would be my first suggestion. With my L series I can actually get to the CPU and heatsink and was able to remove it to apply some AS5 which helped the temps. As for the cooling pads, main benefit I saw was that it kept my lap cool. My laptop only has 2 small vents roughly 2x1" in size so it didn't really help all that much with cooling itself.

Well my laptop doesn't sit on my lap. Its on the top shelf of my desk whilei use my 28 & 22 inch monitors below. I was thinkinga cooling pad couldn't hurt the life if the laptop

Back