• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finding newest bios release

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rulyskull

Hey guys I'm new to this forum and i am in dire need to find this latest bios for the xfx 750i(nvidea) mobo:bang head. I see on this page here, http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=627017&highlight=xfx+750i that the latest version is v1.41 and what the zip is called as well(MB-750I-72P9_141.zip) but no matter where i go i cannot find a download link for this bios. I was wondering does anyone have a link for this bios? thanks.
By the way the reason I want this is because I want to upgrade my cpu but I believe the bios doesnt support it not the mobo it self because i see the same cpu is listed as supported but mine is a faster speed then the ones on there. (The cpu is pentium E6600) Also i get a D1(maybe 1d but pretty sure d1) error on the debugg code led on the back of the mobo.

I see it is in a exe file format and also there is a windows bat extension for this should I run this in windows? if so then no matter what i try(even changing the compatibly mode) I get this error -this file is not compatible with the version of windows you are running. contact the manufacturer to see if you need 32 bit or 64 bit os. I have windows 7 64 bit. I do have a version of xp I can throw in to dualboot seeing my version of 7 is able to. Should I throw that in my other hard drive and try on that?(will install 32 bit obliviously just wont get my 8gb of ram lol).

I personally did not look at the download only to see that it would download. My guess is since you say the zip has a batch file in it then it is to be flashed from DOS.

When the zip file was downloaded it had withiin an ISO file and a READ ME.txt file which says to do THIS >>>>
Please BURN ISO image back to Blank CD by using a program such as Nero, Roxio, Magic ISO or Ultra ISO for example.

Please choose BURN IMAGE TO CD in the program, the choose the ISO image in the location you saved it to.

IMPORTANT NOTE

If you have 2 CD / DVD ROM drives installed, you may get an error message when running this update,
if you do see the error message " Cannot Read Drive R " or similar, then please just place CD
in your second drive and all should be ok.

Those are the instructions for what to do to flash the 1.41 version bios. The ISO burned to a cd and the correct CD burner or reader chosen to boot to will cause the bat file to call the EXE and flash the bios. It really was laid out pretty well in the READ ME. Give it a go.

Clear the CmOs after flashing completes and whatever 1.41 is supposed to do for the board should happen.

Last edited:
I personally did not look at the download only to see that it would download. My guess is since you say the zip has a batch file in it then it is to be flashed from DOS.

When the zip file was downloaded it had withiin an ISO file and a READ ME.txt file which says to do THIS >>>>
Please BURN ISO image back to Blank CD by using a program such as Nero, Roxio, Magic ISO or Ultra ISO for example.

Please choose BURN IMAGE TO CD in the program, the choose the ISO image in the location you saved it to.

IMPORTANT NOTE

If you have 2 CD / DVD ROM drives installed, you may get an error message when running this update,
if you do see the error message " Cannot Read Drive R " or similar, then please just place CD
in your second drive and all should be ok.

Those are the instructions for what to do to flash the 1.41 version bios. The ISO burned to a cd and the correct CD burner or reader chosen to boot to will cause the bat file to call the EXE and flash the bios. It really was laid out pretty well in the READ ME. Give it a go.

Clear the CmOs after flashing completes and whatever 1.41 is supposed to do for the board should happen.

Well I did burn it and the bat file ran but i got the error this software is not for use with 64 bit, so would it be safe to use a virtual machine load up a 32 bit windows and go for it? I dont think it would be personally

BIOS UPDATE with ISO File

From what I read in that old thread about that board, I am glad I do not have one. Seems it
was a pain from the outset.

Go there and register so you can get in and see what is what. No sense going around and around with an ISO that should not give two hoots about what is 64 bit when you are not booted into the operating system.

VMWare is not or not likely to fool the bios flashing exe or at least I would not try it until I was down to my last chance.
Alright I will do thanks for all your help.

Alright thanks guys for your help I got it working and now the bios is just reading the cpu wrong lol its reading it *** a 2.66 core two duo when its a 3.06 pentium(r) duo but oh well I will just overclock it if I cant get it to read right, thanks guys!

Back