• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Windows cannot detect wireless adapter

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BillieOB

I am new at forums so bear with me. My Netgear WNDA3100v2 wireless adapter quit on me a few days ago and from what I have read, it has problems with win7 64-bit. I finally found the latest update and after 3 days I have gotten further then I have, (windows kept installing its own drivers). But now windows says it can't detect the adapter even though it doesn't look like it's trying to hard. The CPU says 0%. I have tried 3 different ports and the light is on on the adapter. I am stuck and falling behind on some work. I would so appriciate it if someone could lead me in the right direction or suggest an adapter that works better with win7. Bless You.

Last edited:
With the device plugged in, open Device Manager to see if it is listed. If it is, open it and install the driver manually.

If it isn't listed, try it in another computer. It may have failed.

The problem is fixed finally. The software was "lying" to me when it said that it couldn't detect the device. Last night it was hung on "searching for ddevice" for an hour, so I closed it, restarted the computer and tried again. The same thing happened again so I left it on all night. This morning it was still looking for the device. I repeated the search, went to Device manager and it said device was working properly. In a fit of anger I said Oh Yeah and clicked on Firefox and I was connected while the software is still telling me it is trying to detect the device. Sometimes you have to figure out who is lying to you, the software or your computer. Thank You so much for your response.

Back