• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC Profile Won't Load on P8P67 Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DaveGores

Hello everyone. I'm new to the overclocking scene and just completed a new build last night with the following components:

• i5 2500k
  • Asus P8P67 Pro
  • 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance
  • GTX 580
  • Corsair HX850w
  • Corsair h100

I tried following several tutorials on overclocking with this board with this processor to 4.5ghz, but every time I save the profile and reboot I end up opening CPU-Z to find that the core speed is still 3.3ghz. I've been at this for hours and can't figure out why the profile I created won't load. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Saving an overclocking profile using ASUS O.C Profile, and hitting F10 to Save are two different things. The O.C Profile feature lets you switch between different saved BIOS profiles, for example an everyday profile and a benchmarking profile. Hitting F10 to Save actually saves the current BIOS settings to CMOS.

I actually did both. I saved the profile to the first slot, then set the bios to boot on that first profile, and then pressed F10. How to I boot from that profile?

Anyone else have any ideas? Is updating the bios a possible fix for this issue?

Just disregard profiles altogether for the time being, and just hit F10 to save after making any changes. If the BIOS is reverting your 4.5GHz settings to default (the current clock can be seen on the POST screen), then one or more settings are set incorrectly. Also post the exact model of RAM installed, including the DRAM frequency, timings, and voltage at 4.5GHz. You can use this template for the P8P67 to post all of the settings you last tried for a 4.5GHz clock...
Code:
Ai Overclock Tuner: Manual
BCLK/PEG Freq: 100.0
Turbo Ratio: By Per Core - All cores set to "46"
Internal PLL Overvoltage: Disabled
Memory Freq: DDR3-1600 MHz
EPU Power Saving Mode: Disabled
Dram Timing Control:
VRM Frequency: Manual
VRM Fixed Freq: 350
Load Line Calibration: High
Phase Control: Standard
Duty Control: T-Probe
CPU Voltage: Offset Mode
Offset Sign: +
Offset Voltage: .02
DRAM Voltage: 1.600
CPU Spread Spectrum: Disabled

CPU Ratio: Auto
Intel Adaptive Thermal Monitoring: Enabled
Hyperthreading: Enabled
Active Processor Cores: All
Limit CPUID Max: Disabled
Execute Disabled Bit: Enabled
Intel Virtualization Tech: Disabled
Enhanced Speedstep Tech: Enabled
Turbo Mode: Enabled
CPU C1E: Enabled
CPU C3 Report: Disabled
CPU C6 Report: Disabled

Last edited:
I had already typed everything up before I noticed that you had posted the template. Here is what I have everything set to now.

Ai Tweaker
Ai Overclock Tuner: Manual
BCLK/PEG Frequency: 100.0
Turbo Ratio: By All Cores
By All Cores (Can Adjust in OS): 45
Internal PLL Overvoltage: Enabled
Memory Frequency: DDR3-1600MHz
EPU Power Saving Mode: Disabled
OC Tuner: Cancel
DRAM Timing Control: Everything on Auto
CPU Power Management:

Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology: Enabled
Everything else set to auto

DIGI+ VRM
Load-line Calibration: Extreme
VRM Frequency: Auto
Phase Control: Extreme
Duty Control: Extreme
CPU Current Capability: 100%

CPU Voltage: Manual Mode
CPU Manual Voltage: 1.350
DRAM Voltage: 1.50000
VCCSA Voltage: 1.00000
VCCIO Voltage: 1.10000
CPU PLL Voltage: 1.90000
PCH Voltage: Auto
CPU Spread Spectrum: Disabled

Advanced
Intel Adaptive Thermal Monitor: Enabled
Active Processor Cores: All
Limit CPUID Maximum: Disabled
Execute Disable Bit: Enabled
Intel Virtualization Technology: Disabled
Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology: Enabled
CPU C1E: Disabled
CPU C3 Report: Disabled
CPU C6 Report: Disabled

The memory I have is DDR3-1600 and the timings are 9-9-9-24 2t.

After this I’ve tried hitting F10 and then yes to save and reboot and I’ve also tried saving the profile first and then hitting F10 and saving before rebooting. Either way the computer boots fine, I get into windows and once opening CPUID, I find that the speed of the processor is still 3.3ghz.

I can’t for the life of me figure out why none of the changes are taking place. If I had made a mistake somewhere, I figured I would have received a BSOD or something.

Any thoughts?

Here is the screenshot with all the settings as they are listed above. I also just updated the bios from 0105 to 2103. (I made the same changes in the bios after the update.)

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    430.5 KB · Views: 222
Something's not right with my rig then. I'm running prime at the speed im at now and I'm hitting close to 90. I would imagine this would have to be caused by the thermal paste that came with the h100 because it shouldn't be running that hot in my HAF23 case.

**EDIT** Scratch that. It appears some of those settings in the bios are changing things but for some reason the processor isn't running faster. I went back into the bios, changed everything back to the defaults, and now I'm barely seeing 50 degrees while running prime.

Last edited:
Something's not right with my rig then. I'm running prime at the speed im at now and I'm hitting close to 90. I would imagine this would have to be caused by the thermal paste that came with the h100 because it shouldn't be running that hot in my HAF23 case.

**EDIT** Scratch that. It appears some of those settings in the bios are changing things but for some reason the processor isn't running faster. I went back into the bios, changed everything back to the defaults, and now I'm barely seeing 50 degrees while running prime.

that sounds better

Anyone have any idea where I went wrong with this overclock? I obviously got the processer dangerously hot, but no extra speed.

Back