• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

just get SB or wait for ivy Bridge?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pre3ston

So, i currently have AMD's phenom IIx4 955BE, and i really wanna go back to intel (fanboy xD) and i've already decided that im doing it...i use my pc for pretty much just gaming...however i dont know if i should go for the 4 or 6 core cpu due to games and future technology..and was pretty much decided on the 2500k but should i wait for the ivy bridge line to come out?

I'd wait to see IBs real world performance personally and any unforseen nasty surprises. Cough, bulldozer. Or to see if there will be a sneak attack SKU on 2011 below the 3930K.

The 955BE can still hold its own well enough that I'd wait the couple of months personally. If not, ya get the 2500K on a Z68 Gen3 board but I have a feeling IB's going to have some teething issues for some reason. And go to a Microcenter cuzz you can't beat 180 bucks.

Back