• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 570SC SLI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Diviine

Registered
Hey guys, I just got myself a new motherboard: Asus Maximus Extreme-Z IV, just so I could get the bigger gap between GPU's.

Just a quick question its obviously a stupid one, regarding my SLI 570 SC's.

I'm getting at idle 50C on both cards even, they slowly go down to around 46 then back upto 50C.

On load my top GPU is getting max of 88C and bottom max of 75C.

To me this seems fine, but i just wanted to clear it up with the pros :)

Thanks.

:welcome:

IMO 50C is a pretty high idle temp. Not bad, but not good either.

Those load temps are within acceptable ranges, if it were me I would try to increase airflow in my case to lower those temps. What case do you have? And is this load under gaming or a benchmark program such as furmark? Furthermore, if you can find a way to increase airflow and bring temps down, you may see a reduction in noise levels because your graphics card's fans won't be running at full bore all the time while under load.

But bottom line, those temps are safe.

Ive got the thermaltake level 10 gt

Got that big fan on the side blowing directly to the side, i put a fan in myself to blow the air coming from where the 6pin connecters are up towards the top exhaust.

I dont have a rear exhaust because i have a h80 there pushing air in.

And yes it was on the extreme burn in test with furmark. Still got a bit of overclocking to do on my CPU before i try out a game.

Alright, if those were under furmark, I'd say you're good to go. In my experience, furmark generates more heat than ANY real world application, and it sounds like you have adequate air flow.

Now OC that proccy and destroy any game that stands in your way! :salute:

Cool as, i've got a few more fans coming for my H80, i might use my old ones, just zip tie them somewhere facing it, should help it out.

Been fiddling with MSI abit, got myself a quiet idle of 46 now on both cards.
Got a stable overclock of 4.7ghz at 65 degrees. :D

Time for some BF3!

Back