• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Logitech G19 Worth It? Others?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

footbag

Registered
I'm considering a new keyboard. I'm not as big of a gamer as I used to be, so it's more for the macros and function then anything. Is there a big benefit to the G19 with the color LCD or can you do the same things with the lesser models?

I like the idea of using it to stream online music, but otherwise think I might get sick of the LCD.

Is there an offering by another company that would be as cool? I would like it to have back-lighting with adjustable colors.

If there was some offering that would let me do some sort of light show, I'd like it.

What do you guys think?

Honestly, I used mine for a little bit, but it really is a novelty. What is your budget?

Honestly, I used mine for a little bit, but it really is a novelty. What is your budget?

I agree. My Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 Wired Keyboard gave out on due to key bashing. I mean I could easily replace the rubber dome pads, I just went on ahead and decided to buy a gaming key board.

Here is what I bought.

Merc Stealth
The Merc Stealth is an illuminated gaming keyboard that features a very easy to use hybrid design. This keyboard is also unique because the user can choose between three different colors for the backlighting: Blue, red, or purple. The movement keys are rubberized, which is nice for gameplay. The keyboard also has many macro features and includes 125 pre-defined mapping layouts.

ideazon-merc-stealth-keyboard.jpg

I'm not hating on my new keyboard but I have to admit, using the gaming side is difficult to get accustom to. I have yet to use it often while playing any game. Three color variations with 3 levels of dim control and yet I wish it was brighter.

personally, I still loved my Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 Wired Keyboard much more.

I do like the Logitech G19 but you have to also plug this thing into the wall? Wow, yet another cord running, when will it ever end. I think NOVELTY was a perfect term for these gaming keyboards.

A note to TS, I have yet to use any macros but you can program this thing to your hearts desire.

this is the merc engine where you assign keys and stuff

10p9h1c.jpg

Last edited:
Back