• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

should i keep my 1090t phenom till ivy bridge or go with i7 sandy bridge

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

petey123

I want to buy a new processor - even though i do not play graphic intensive games except need for speed and tiger woods online ... I like having a fast processor - should i get a sandy bridge, ivy bridge, or just stick with phenom 2 x 6 1090t ...........Peter kansas :chair:

Welcome! The question you are asking is quite common. First thing I suggest to look at is the SIMILAR THREADS section below. Specifically the first thread.

Outside of that, with a 1090t in your hands I would hold off until IB and see what it has to offer. If it isnt any better than SB, then go with SB.

i would OC that 1090T and wait till next year that CPU is a prefectly fine CPU

I upgraded my 1090T to a BD FX-1850 and happy I did. I was hoping for more power, but I'm perfectly stable at 4.8 now and since the upgrade I have no doubt beaten you many times on NFS ;>)...

All kidding aside, I think waiting is a good idea, unless you're kinda like I am, gotta have fun when I have a few bucks I can spend.

-Rodger

Something like the i5 2500K is a fine chip, the i7 2600K even better, but there is nothing wrong with the 1090T which is also a fine chip, your not getting a massive performance increase by going Sandy-Bridge now.

I would wait a year and see how Ivy-bridge or the up-coming 10 Core Pile-Driver perform, either one, or both might be better.

Something like the i5 2500K is a fine chip, the i7 2600K even better, but there is nothing wrong with the 1090T which is also a fine chip, your not getting a massive performance increase by going Sandy-Bridge now.

I would wait a year and see how Ivy-bridge or the up-coming 10 Core Pile-Driver perform, either one, or both might be better.

oh ya 10 cores :cool::cool: thats probly what im going to upgrade to

Back