• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will this Rad fit inside my case???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bjornbjorn

Registered
This is my first liquid cooling setup and I wanted to know if the Black ice gt xtreme gtx 420 will fit in my Cooler master haf x rc942 case? Also I want to dye my coolant either Blood Red or Gold which color is better?

Moved to the watercooling forum. - mudd

I think you might have problems fitting that inside, since the rad is 460 mm long according to the specs. But I'm not sure, since I don't own either the GTX420 or a HAF-X.

And instead of dyeing your coolant (which can cause clogging problems with today's waterblocks), go with colored tubing instead. Something like this Primoflex Pro LRT red tubing will give the same overall effect, without the clogging problems.

Last edited:
Which color is better in what regards? Are you aware of the significant risk of clogged blocks due to dyes?

I didnt know that dyes clog blocks. I was going to use primo chill dye but it seems like it isnt the best idea. When I asked which color was better I meant which looks cooler going through the tubing.

Okay so what should I use for a coolant then?

The best I've found for coolant is plain distilled water with either (or both) a silver kill coil or PTNuke-PHN to keep the bacteria out.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I think a gold colored dye would look like you were cooling your processor with a loop full of concentrated pee. :rofl: Go with the red tubing. :D

Back