• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Gaming mouse and keyboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

matas55

Registered
Hi and happy new year ;)

I am thinking of buying a new gaming mouse and keyboard. I am hoping you guys could recommend me. There are lots of brands and tons of produtcs and it's hard to choose good and best things.

1. I don't even know what brand I should look at. Logitech, Steelseries, Razer, Corsair, Gigabyte, Microsoft, Roccat, Saitek?
Who makes best products?

2. First the keyboard. It must be wired, mechanical, very reliable and durable, very solid, responsive, illiuminated and with media controls. But nothing too fancy like screens... Would be good if it was FPS keyboard, but it's not a must. Now there are many keyboards, but I simply can't choose the best.
Looks doesn't matter at all.
Logitech G110 has everything but I am not sure about mechanical swithces and it looks like it's not very durable. Same for Razer BlackWidow. SteelSeries 7G looks very durable but it lacks backlight. Now there are other popular products but I am not going to list them all. What could you recommend me?

3. I need FPS mouse (not MMO). It must be wired, durable, with solid hard buttons (no accidental pressing). It should have a few extra buttons (like dpi, <>) DPI atleast 1000. The mouse should be responsive, comfortable. Not sure about tracking technology (optical, laser, ball, bluetrack, darkfield....) Looks doesn't matter at all.
I read good reviews about Logitech MX518. It is said to do the job and is durable, but it's discontinued. New version is G400, not sure if it uses same durable components inside. There is also Corsair M60, made with some aluminium, maybe it's durable. I heard bad things about razer but maybe deathadder or something like that, is durable...
Hope you can recommed a mouse too.

I only listed a few products here. Feel free to give me advise from any of manufacturers that make good mice/keyboards.
You can also recommend me discontinued products, they can be bought online. And price doesn't matter, I'll pay for a good thing.

Sorry if I am asking too much, but I wanted advise before buying ;D

Last edited:
The Corsair M60 looks like a good bet for your mouse.. Both the K60 and M60 are FPS based and setup for that. Just remember the K60 isn't FULLY mechanical. But it does have the media controls you want.. and is designed for FPS gamers.. BUT BUT BUT BUT.. It's not backlit.

But for your mouse; go for the M60 from Corsair.

Keyboard... That's up to you. The K60 is designed for FPS gamers; is mostly mechanical, has media keys, but isn't backlit.. I personally am ditching all fancy LED's and what not; and buying a Leopold Mechanical Keyboard. Because my keyboard is under my desk; I'm going to stick on the Antec Halo 6-LED light under my desk just above my keyboard tray for some lighting :p. I don't really need it; but it'd still be nice; so that's my route.

Thanks for advise. I'll hope for more.

I watched review about those. Mouse looks good.
The keyboard's Escape button is not mechanical. I don't really like that.

You see, I need backlighting, because sometimes I like to use PC in dark and I am forced to turn on the lights cause I can't see anything on my normal keyboard. I am not the one for fancy design, I am looking for functionality which would fit me.

EDIT: If you guys know any lamp that would only lit up keyboard and NOTHiNG ELSE let me know :)

Last edited:
I was looking at the K60 recently too, but decided the fact it was $100 and was only partially mechanical that it was a waste and frankly at any cost I'd skip that and rather just get one keyboard that was the same type of keys all the way around.

So the news are I am buying Logitech G400 mouse.
I'll hold on the old keyboard just now, cause the choice for gamer isn't wide among mechanical keyboards.
Well the most fiting keyboard for me would be Razer BlackWidow....
I think logitech and steelseries will release those with backlight in the soon future. Then I'll se which one is tha best.

Back