• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help removing 3-pin MALE fan connectors.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thebski

Hey guys, I'm trying to sleeve my X to 1 3-pin fan adapters, and I can't figure out how to remove the pins out of the male connectors.

Heres a picture of the connector I'm talking about:

DSC00001.jpg

DSC00002.jpg

Do I have the correct tool here in either of the pictures? I've tried them all and none seem to really work. I'm not even sure where the tab holding the pins in place is.

Anyone have any suggestions?

If you look in along the pin you'll see a little slot on the top that goes partway down.
Stick a really thin screwdriver in there and press the invisible metal tab down into the pin while pulling gently on the wire.

EDIT:
I'll have pics in a moment.

2.EDIT:
Pics!

fan connector1.jpg
fan connector2.jpg
fan connector3.jpg

You'll need to bend the tab back up after you take it out, you want it to be at roughly the angle in the third picture.

Last edited:
Man, I see what you're talking about but I can't for the life of me get one to release. Little suckers are tough.

Paper clip should do it... Or as Bobnova said; one of them tiny screwdrivers used for watch repairs.

Finally got one to go. I just had to get a little rougher than you think you can on a wire that tiny. Thanks for the help and diagram guys!

Back