• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI 6900HD Overclocking BSOD Mem Dump

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KaineTay

Hi guys, I'm not a complete stranger to overclocking, but I cannot really find a lot of info in the 6900.

I'm running an Alienware Aurora ALX
Intel(R) Core(TM)i7-960 Processor (3.2GHz, 8MB)
12GB (6X2GB) DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHz Memory
4GB GDDR5 AMD Radeon HD 6990
875 Watt Power Supply

After I unlocked the card and ran the CCC to OC to 900mhz clock and 1400mhz mem clock, it runs fine till the next time i restart, i get the blue screen memory dump. I have to use CCC turn off OC then restart, turn on OC restart again for it to be ok...

Help and advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Last edited:
Does the same thing happen at default settings? If not, then I would back off the overclock a bit, and see what frequencies you are at when that behavior starts happening.

Also, I moved the thread and cleaned things up for you. :welcome:

It happens only with the card unlocked to 450w. with it locked and OCed @ 900/1400 it's stable... I will try at default with unlocked and post the results... Thanks IMOG :)

Does the same thing happen at default settings? If not, then I would back off the overclock a bit, and see what frequencies you are at when that behavior starts happening.

Also, I moved the thread and cleaned things up for you. :welcome:

I tried unlocked with the default settings, 830/1250 and i get the same problem, blue screen... And it's nothing intensive, just running firefox makes it go bsod on me...

Pretty stable at 850/1300 with out unlock though. I'm hoping to unlock and get it to work... :(

Back