• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Warning! The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim BUGS.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BoxingChaos2011

NOTE:

I am EDITING this post, because despite what you read below, I have been able to continue my quests and I have found work-arounds for all my problems up to now and still moving forward.

Warning! The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim BUGS.

The game is full of major bugs and I would suggest not even playing until all bugs have been worked out. Pity because this game is fun but getting stuck over and over again on missions that won't let you progress and forces you to find work-arounds and or even have to start over from a certain SAVE point is just annoying and a waste of time. I still love the game but refuse to continue. Actually, I am stuck at the TRUCE table and I am done going about looking for solutions at this time. Just my humble warning.

I am going to wait until all the bugs are fixed and all the patches have been applied. I will damned if I have to apply a patch, only to learn that now the dragons are flying backwards.

:eek:

Last edited:
I thought I was the only one to encounter some weird bugs (i.e black screen on entering certain regions) etc...My game is bugged on the very first part where you return the stone-dragon-tablet-book-thing. Windhelm is also bugged for me (freezes). I would not say the game is a complete waste of money because the map is huge and it takes a very long time to explore everything.

The 1.3 patch made things worse. Now the game freezes at random if I am on a horse...:-/

I thought I was the only one to encounter some weird bugs (i.e black screen on entering certain regions) etc...My game is bugged on the very first part where you return the stone-dragon-tablet-book-thing. Windhelm is also bugged for me (freezes). I would not say the game is a complete waste of money because the map is huge and it takes a very long time to explore everything.

The 1.3 patch made things worse. Now the game freezes at random if I am on a horse...:-/

Oh no, you are not the only one, there are way too many people complaining about bugs. One guy installed a patch and his dragons were flying backwards :rofl:

There should be a code that allows a player to just complete 1 quest or one fraction of a multi quest but at the moment, there is only the code CAQS which completes all quests and you just sit in front of your screen watching quests reports completed and jumping to new cut screens/entering new regions and another cut screen infinity.

Until all the bugs are fixed? You might be there a while. I have over 60 hours into the game and I've yet to hit one that broke my game. I'm even using a few mods and a ton of texture packs.

Super Nade, if you have the Steam version, I'd verify your files to make sure it isn't a bad download or corrupt files. Failing that, reinstall the newest graphics drivers.

Until all the bugs are fixed? You might be there a while. I have over 60 hours into the game and I've yet to hit one that broke my game. I'm even using a few mods and a ton of texture packs.

Super Nade, if you have the Steam version, I'd verify your files to make sure it isn't a bad download or corrupt files. Failing that, reinstall the newest graphics drivers.

I would not say my game is broke, I just have to undo certain decisions I made before calling a truce at the round table with all the leaders before the actual treaty can be met. I just don't feel like going back that far, it took me for ever to complete the Lexicon puzzle mission.

I don't know man... I'm with Thid on this one. I've been playing 30 hours or so and have yet to run into any actual issues.

I think the issue is the way I've taken up quests, i.e at random. On the first few quests, I just stole a horse at Whiterun and took off, gallivanting around the countryside, unlocking stuff I probably was not supposed to. :)

I've also not encountered any major bugs.

Super Nade, if thats the way you want to play the game, then you are good to go. You can do what ever you want to. It shouldn't cause the game to glitch. You don't need to wait for quests to go exploring. You can just go.

I think the issue is the way I've taken up quests, i.e at random. On the first few quests, I just stole a horse at Whiterun and took off, gallivanting around the countryside, unlocking stuff I probably was not supposed to. :)

This is the only way I know to play an elder scrolls game :D

thats the only bug i had, esbern not talking, fix was easy.

go here :attn:

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/A_Cornered_Rat

scroll down to BUGS, many diff ways to fix, best is the download link to the mod fix for it. installed it and esbern has a voice quest progressed as normal.

lol Thank you I found the fix last week. lol

Have you been able to negotiate the TRUCE successfully?

:confused:

That is where i'm stuck. I could just move on and do other missions but I will still be stuck at the round table because I joined the wrong gang before I set out to call to help setting up the TRUCE meeting.

:temper:

That is where i'm stuck. I could just move on and do other missions but I will still be stuck at the round table because I joined the wrong gang before I set out to call to help setting up the TRUCE meeting.

Sounds like a personal problem... :rofl:

In all seriousness, no I haven't. I've been doing the Super Nade method of running around and doing random quests.

Last edited:
Sounds like a personal problem... :rofl:

In all seriousness, no I haven't. I've been doing the Super Nade method of running sound and doing random quests.

Ah I hope you have not joined any clan because if you did, get ready to be stuck once you go on the TRUCE mission.

:rofl:

Few hours in and nothing yet. My dad has over 300hrs in the game and has only mentioned a few.

I negotiated it successfully alright. With my warhammer smashing Ulfric head that is! :popcorn:

Ah I hope you have not joined any clan because if you did, get ready to be stuck once you go on the TRUCE mission.

:rofl:

Um... No you wont. I played this through after joining the Stormcloaks, although I did finish the Stormcloak quests prior to completing the main quest. HOWEVER, I watched my sister complete this part of the main quest after joining the Stormcloaks and only doing a couple of the quests. I think you are getting stuck in your own mind due to the dialog options you are presented with. I can tell you that there are no wrong answers to any of the questions. Just choose and complete the truce. Note that once you get to this point in the main quest, you'll be unable to complete either the Stormcloak or Imperial quests until you complete the main quest. However, joining either faction will have no effect on your ability to complete the main quest.

Um... No you wont. I played this through after joining the Stormcloaks, although I did finish the Stormcloak quests prior to completing the main quest. HOWEVER, I watched my sister complete this part of the main quest after joining the Stormcloaks and only doing a couple of the quests. I think you are getting stuck in your own mind due to the dialog options you are presented with. I can tell you that there are no wrong answers to any of the questions. Just choose and complete the truce. Note that once you get to this point in the main quest, you'll be unable to complete either the Stormcloak or Imperial quests until you complete the main quest. However, joining either faction will have no effect on your ability to complete the main quest.

ok im going to go back but I am not the only person with this problem which confirms I am not tripping and I will see if someone has come up with a better solution to a work around because the problem does exist.

ok just found one bug

just did a random google

http://www.blogphotovideo.com/games/season-unending-negotiate-a-truce-tes-5-skyrim

That is not my blog just a random.

But thank you for replying because it looks like codes are coming out to solve my problem

:salute:

and yet another report and fix

http://euroblogus.blogspot.com/2011/11/elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-negotiate-truce.html

:)

Not sure what that is gonna fix but I have a feeling I will find my fix today and to think I gave up searching :)

Back