• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this voltage suitable for my overclock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jdonnelly59

Hello, am new to these forums and was seeking some advice about my voltage.

My E6600 is overclocked to 3.0 Ghz and I was monitoring the temps and I noticed that after running for just an hour the temp would peak at 72 degrees.

I was concerned about the temps being this high and in the bios my Vcore was set to auto and was reading 1.412V which to me seems a bit high for a 3.0ghz overclock so lowered it down until I found the perfect low voltage which was stable.

I found that with the Vcore set to 1.25V (1.2V in CPUZ) my temps never peaked over 50, even after 9 Hours! and would mostly stay at 44-45 degrees constant.

but I want to know if the voltage is not too low and if there were any disadvantages or problems that it may cause. (am new to overclocking so I just want to make sure :))

thank you.

Attachments

• Overclocked Stats.png
    Overclocked Stats.png
    100.1 KB · Views: 51
You could easily get higher out of that chip.. Stay below 75 I'd say (personally). You should be sweet. By 75 I mean at full 100% loading.

You've got a decent amount of headroom in that chip. I'd aim for 3.6ghz if you want to give it a try. <50 is fantastic temps at full loading. There aren't any real issues with some voltage bumps unless you go silly with them.. It MAY shorten the life-span.... But by life-span, it may take off 6 months of it's 20 years? =D. :p. I wouldn't be worried; I in fact encourage to push it further =).

I have tried to push it further but got no luck :(

it will never boot even if I try 3.1 ghz with a higher voltage.

Ah well. 600mhz over stock with 1.2v (which, by the way, is below stock voltage for that chip) is a fantastic result. =).

I'd like to help more but sadly the LGA 775 platform was one I never learnt a lot about. I was on AMD's side at that time when they were top-dog. I'm sure there are plenty of other settings you could (need) to tinker with to get past that 3.0ghz barrier.

Back