• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i5 2500k or i7 2600k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ptm

Registered
Im now second guessing myself and I'm not at home on the computer - using my iPhone.

I'm getting a 1155 socket P8Z68 deluxe board.

I thought about getting the I5 chip but the i7 is only $50 more.

Would it be worth it?

Gaming some photoshop office stuff.

If it's only $50 more then you better get the 2600k hands down. It is much more powerful and you'll get better bang for buck getting that chip. Games will run the same but multi threaded apps will be much faster. Remember Ivy Bridge is coming out and those CPU's will overclock like crazy.

Unless you plan on upgrading to Ivy Bridge as soon as it comes out, I would agree. $50 is not much to pay for the increase in power.

Where is the 2500k $50 less than the 2600k? Even at microcenter there is a $100 difference.

Computer show in MD.
The guy said he would have them tomorrow for me and would still honor the price.

Computer show maryland? Tell me where and when :) Sounds like this guy stole a box of cpus and reselling them for cheap.

The show is from 9:30-4:00 today

I went up there to get the chip and he tried to sell me an i7-950 1366 chip.
Shame - i was pretty disapointed.

Anyway, i didnt really see anything that i had to have at the show - but here is the info if you are interested in going.

Free Admission today

The Computer Show and Sale, Inc.
P. O. Box 614
College Park MD 20740
301-345-8872 www.marketproshows.com

Back