• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asrock p67 extreme4gen3 wont boot!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ljevu

Registered
Hi!! I build up new rig!Everything seems to be ok.All recognized in bios, but it just wont boot from dvd drive when dvd is set as 1 boot device and I can't install windows7.
I tried cd-with OS on another pc and it boots fine!!,hdd is also ok.
What might be the problem??

Yeah!! Dvd-drive is connected to one of the intel sata ports!!

So what happens when the ODD is set as the 1st boot device, and the BIOS attempts to boot from the Win7 DVD?

Only getting this massage: "Reboot and select proper Boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key".

Sata mode is set to AHCI,not sure for the controller mode, i think it is in Enhanced mode!!

Check to make sure it's set to Enhanced. What model HDD is installed, and have you tried setting SATA Mode to IDE?

It is WD Caviar Black Sata3 500GB,I tried with IDE and it didn't work!

Tried moving to Marvell Controller but no luck!!!
What more can I do??

It is not official,but I tried it on another pc and it booted normally!!

So you think problem is maybe in a burned disk,windows to be correct??

I have Windows home edition official, Ill try that! So afther that there is nothing I can do more???
Should I replace the board?
Dont know maybe I should tray with another hdd??

I tried all of this and I dont think it is the media problem!! It seems like ODD does not initiate at all,before the message occurs about "reboot and select...etc. hdd led just blinks like it wants to boot from hdd but dvd does not react even little,but in bios dvd is clearly visible and set to first boot!!
Dont know anymore run of ideas that is for sure???

Back